“Coffee stop”

Carl's Coffee In Nye Beach
Ranked #2 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Newport
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Hubby went in and got us coffee. I stayed in the car with the screaming children in the pouring rain. So I can't speak for the store itself, but the coffee was great. He stopped here specifically because they serve Stumptown coffee.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 2 December 2016

My husband and I discovered this place by accident by walking past it one year ago during our romantic trip to Newport. We were thrilled to see the Thor's hammer motif in Carl's logo and inside his coffee shop. Carl's art pieces on the wall are also very much in the style of modern Nordic.

This place was also memorable for its excellent food and coffee. The Spicy Club Sandwich is superior; my husband is a seasoned club-sandwich officionado, and he says it is the best club he's ever had in his life. This time we tried the Wolfshield specialty coffee, one of the best mixed coffee drinks we've ever had---so very tasty. I also approved of the very smooth Stumptown Roast served here. This is a place we come back to once a year during our annual trek to Newport, Oregon, and we will continue to do so. Carl's Coffee is humble and unassuming, but definitely one of the coolest places to get an extraordinarily delicious bite to eat and GREAT coffee!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Why would I write a review for a coffee shop? Because it stands out. Not the typical Coffee Shop with fantastic coffee as well as sandwiches, bakery goods (Yumm) and more. Friendly staff and great value.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

We walked from Inn at Nye Beach to Carl's Coffee. The service was great and the coffee was excellent. From Carl's, we were able to walk back to the Inn on the beach.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 10 November 2016

This coffee shop is incredible! Has a view of the coast as well as the best white mocha I have ever had (and I've had quite a few). The use Stumptown coffee, so that should tell you enough.