“Go for the calzone!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 26 July 2016

A small dining room up front, with probably more to-go orders than sit-down diners, but the Italian Calzone was one of the best I've had anywhere! Large, really stuffed inside, and reasonably priced. So good I ate it all and waddled out afterwards! Plus a pizza at the nex6 table looked really good too - I'll be back!

1  Thank Ned K

Reviewed 26 July 2016

The Garlic Chicken Pizza was so good! My fiance and I were pleasantly surprised with the quality of this pizza.We both got the smallest size pies, because we wanted different things.Writing this review is making me want to eat there again...unfortunately we are back home now! But, if ever I am back in Newport, I would not hesitate to order carry out from this place again. We got the food quickly, it was hot, and very tasty!

Reviewed 9 July 2016

It's a small little place, right off 101, North of the bridge. It's kind of tucked away and I was looking for it at first, but you can easily access it turning West on 19th or 20th. The interior is typical of a small town restaurant. It's mostly booths with a few tables strewn about, and sponge paint with generic artwork. It's certainly not bad, but it's just a place to eat, nothing more.

The staff was great. We took our order at the counter and had some great and personal advice picking out our food. We ended up with the Chicken Garlic pizza and a half dozen garlic rolls.

Food was fantastic. I will warn you that the garlic rolls are incredibly garlicky, with raw minced garlic on them and in the butter. On some days, this would be overpowering, but I was looking for a serious garlic bite today. The pizza came out not overloaded, but with a generous amount of toppings. The chicken was without a doubt the best chicken I have had on pizza. It was still moist and delicious on its own. There was plenty on each slice too. The white sauce was good and the crust on the pizza was pretty darn good.

The price was a little steep, but typical for the coast I suppose. A medium 14" pizza with the garlic rolls was $28. Ingredients are fresh and abundant though. Staff is great. If you are taking out, this is one of the best pizzas we have had on the Oregon coast. If you are dining in, it is not bad at all, but don't expect the atmosphere to match how great the food is.

FYI: There are a couple of games "pay and grab" games for kids there. Our son loved the excavator one which always yielded a prize of candy. What great parents to feed their kid pizza and candy for dinner, right?

Reviewed 28 June 2016

By far the best pizza in Newport and Toledo. A little more $ but worth it. My favorite has artichoke hearts, sundries tomatoes, and feta.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 6 June 2016

The title says it all. The pizza was decent. It took forever to get to the table though. The place is very small and I was dying to leave because I was feeling claustrophobic being so close to the large group of people next to my table, and I never get claustrophobic. The garlic bread and cinnamon bread was served in about an inch of melted butter. Tasted good, but man, that made me never want to eat there again. I could feel my arteries clogging just looking at it.

Date of visit: June 2016