All reviews cookies front desk yogurt handicapped room would stay here again bottled water room was clean nye beach hot breakfast boiled eggs road trip the breakfast area free breakfast short walk nice stay oregon coast two nights
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Was traveling down the Oregon Coast mid August. Stopped here based on experience with other quality inns. Room was small and the bed was the most uncomfortable I have slept on ever. The bed had a thin pad over the mattress that lumped up when you moved around or rolled over. At $160 a night it definitely wasn't worth it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Stayed three nights and paid an average of $204/night. Rather pricey for: unsupportive mattress, TV that didn't work, thin walls and floors, bad breakfast.

Upside: good location, ocean view, quiet neighborhood.

Employees cheerfully addressed some concerns while we were there but guests shouldn't have to ask. Everything should work and structures should be in good condition before a guest arrives. We gave up on the TV after an employee came to our room once and attempted to fix it. He offered to come again but it's inconvenient having someone in the room - even when we're not there. Twice we were called about someone on floor below complaining about loud walking. I was alone and sitting and reading during both calls so not sure if I could have been the stomper. Everyone in our area was called we were told. It's true that the floors were thin - the hall thumped every time someone walked down it. We tiptoed after that!

Breakfast did not have edible fruit - it wasn't ripe enough to eat. Green bananas, etc. This experience has convinced us to no longer choose a hotel in the US because it serves breakfast.

Breakfast: US vs European rant: Why don't US hotels take notice of how they do it in Europe? Keep it simple, healthy and high quality: whole grains, fruit, various proteins served simply (cheese, sliced meat, boiled eggs) and good coffee served from an espresso machine. In the US we get: highly processed grains, little to no fruit, salty rubbery scrambled eggs and bad coffee.

Room tip: Third floor, south side, west end. Some of these rooms have ocean view.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

When I checked in, the lady at counter called confirmed my reservations and confirmed I was prepaid. She took my card number for incedintals only. The next morning,My cell phone began ringing and it was the front desk calling because my card was declined. I told him my card shouldn’t be declined but wondered why card was being processed when it was only I file for incedintals, and I hadn’t had any purchases. The Front desk representative had a negative tone as he told me I needed to come to desk so my card could be charged for the room. I went to the front desk and after trying to explain to the desk representative that I prepaid, I decided rather than argue, I would just fix with credit card company later. I went up to the room to meet up with daughter who was locked out of or room, and neither of our keys worked. My daughter called the front desk and the desk representative came up but his key wouldn’t work but after waiting a few minutes he unlocked door. I believe he had locked us out intentionally when my credit card was declined ( due to error because I used it to recharge room that Morning. The male desk representative’s tone and demeanor implied that I planned to give a bad card and skip out without paying. I felt insulted.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Connie H
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Our room was very quiet and clean A very comfortable king bed.. A desk and chair, Large chair with ottoman. Dresser. Other amenities include an ironing board and iron, refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer. A breakfast was included which was very good. Scrambled eggs,hard boiled eggs bacon, sausage,waffles, yogurt, cereal, donuts, muffins, English muffins, bread and a toaster, apples and oranges, coffee and juice, The staff was very friendly and helpful. However, the wi-fi wasn't working for most of our stay but the staff contacted the provider and got it remedied. The faucet to turn on the shower has got a lot to be desired, most difficult to operate.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Always know what to expect here, a nice comfortable bed without a ton of frills. It is a great place to stay if you want to go explore the awesome Pacific coast. Really conveniently located as well. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
comfortinn1, General Manager at Comfort Inn Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear MLG07:
Thank you for letting us know how your stay at our Comfort Inn was. We appreciate your review of our hotel and hope that you will tell your friends about it.
All reviews are shared with the owners and staff and are used for continued training for all of us.
It is through the eyes of our guests that we are best able to see our hotel and what needs to be done in it.
Sincerely