New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Newport
Salem
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I traveled from a local city to Newport for the purpose of having oral surgery. I had to register early because doing so afterward would have been difficult. Megan was wonderful in having the room cleaned early so I could return and have access to it right after surgery. I have many allergies which were well communicated and my room was cleaned with that in mind. Megan asked the housekeepers to open my window for good ventilation afterward and the room was just as she said it would be. She stored my bag in the lobby and Chuck, the manager allowed me to check in before the usual 3PM check-in time. They were friendly, welcoming and understanding of my circumstances.

Kelly took my initial reservation and was very accommodating. She took the time to listen to my concerns and made excellent notes for subsequent shifts to work from. The room was very clean, well kept up and I was quite comfortable recovering from my surgery. I look forward to going back under more energetic circumstances and truly enjoying the "comfort" of the inn, the town of Newport and the environmental ambiance.

A great place to recover...thank you for all you did!

Room Tip: I liked being on the second floor because it felt more open and I had a good breeze. I would request...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
comfortinn1, General Manager at Comfort Inn Newport, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn in Newport. I have shared your review with the entire front desk staff and was thrilled that you named names. The entire staff works very hard to keep our guests happy, however it is allways an extra delight to see their names in such a positive light. It is our hope that we can be of service in the future.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

The hotel has a good location convenient to the Nye beach area of Newport. The lobby is attractive and the staff is very polite and helpful. The rooms are well appointed with flat screen TV and excellent reception quality. The major 'downside' I encountered was the housekeeping or more accurately the 'upkeep' of the room. The small sofa was stained with some kinda black grease like who knows what. Ditto for the old fashioned polyester comforter on the bed. (why are they still using these ??) The carpet didn't fare much better. Bathroom was very clean and good shower water pressure. Note... although not an issue when I was there in March, this is the only Comfort Inn I have stayed in that has no A/C... Breakfast was standard CI presentation. Not great but OK.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank upgradeThis
comfortinn1, General Manager at Comfort Inn Newport, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn Newport. Please note that your comments are reviewed by the senior staff and owners of the hotel and we will use what you have told us to better train our staff. Thank you again for your response.
Chuck Cummings General Manager
Newberg, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We've stayed here 3 or 4 times in recent years when we can't get into our timeshare for a holiday weekend. The Comfort Inn is comfortable, clean and reasonably priced (especially with a senior or government discount). Location is close to restaurants in the Nye Beach and bayfornt areas. Everything you need for a weekend getaway. The included breakfast -- waffles, cereals, pastries, fruit, juice and coffee gets your day off to a good start.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you som much for your review of the Comfort Inn Newport. The entire staff at the Comfort inn really works hard to keep our guests happy and feeling at home. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service and hope that you will continue to use us when your other option is not available.
Santa Rosa, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

My husband and I bicycled the Oregon coast in Sept. 2011....camping along the way. We had planned for a two day stay in a hotel in Newport. We arrived early. Very early. The manager, Chuck, let us store out bikes, change our clothes and explore Newport until our room was ready. Then he upgraded our room to a larger one so we had lots of room for our bikes, too. Free cookies were great. The staff was extremely accommodating. We walked everywhere. Internet worked well. Laundry room was appreciated. Just an extremely comfortable and affordable stay. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn. We were so happy to be of service to you and your bikes. It is my sincere desire that you will stay again and bring the bikes with you.
The Comfort Inn is proud to be on the Pacific Coast Bicycle Route and welcome all bicyclests to the same treatment that you expierenced.
Forest Grove, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

We have stayed here on three different trips. It has been updated and the beds are wonderful. They also serve a decent breakfast and the price is very reasonable. The only draw back is it is not right on the beach.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Inn Newport, We are glad you enjoyed your stay and it uis our sincere desire that you come back again.
General manager