All reviews homemade banana bread economy hotels hot waffles room was clean closer to the beach budget hotel view of the ocean spent one night convenient location hard boiled eggs top floor king bed oregon coast microwave pet dogs rates
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I Booked an Express Deal on Priceline.com and was sent here. I went to check in and handed the clerk my Military ID. The man slid it back and told me they don't accept that here. I was a bit confused and asked them why they wouldn't accept a federally issued ID. I gave my drivers license and let him know that in the future that he may want to be a bit more aware of his mannerisms because it could be easily interpreted as rude and anti military. This is not something I say lightly. He then was angry at me and told me he has been doing this for over 20 years and has never ad an issue until me. He then told me that he was offended by me. I told him that I would like my drivers license back and for him to cancel my booking and I wanted my money back and the corporate phone number. He quickly handed my Iicense back and told me he cancelled my room. I was just blown away by his behavior. You treat people the way you would like to be treated. I phoned corporate from my car to let them know the situation and how I felt. I was told that I would receive a phone call within 72 hours, and did not. I did wind up calling the general manager to express my concerns, she was very nice. My view has changed however simply because she said that she was going to speak with the owners and get back to me. It has been over a week with no phone call. I am very disappointed as well as insulted that I was lied to. Based on this, I would never ever recommend this place no matter the cost. I do want to point out that I was refunded my money through Priceline.

Stayed: April 2018
Tiffany L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you Melissa for your candid review. I apologize again about what happened with your reservation upon check in. As we talked about you have been fully refunded and I have since contacted the owners. Unfortunately I have not received a response yet so that is why I have not contacted you after our discussion. I do hope that you accept my apologies in this unfortunate matter. Thanks again.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay!!
The Hotel is very tired, but also very clean and comfortable. We loved the beds and pillows.
Free wifi in all rooms too
Only downside was that we could here the people upstairs walking around.
I would definitely stay here again...and request an upstairs room.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Leacah,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our high standards of cleanliness and we were able to give you a comfortable experience of of Econo Lodge Hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. I do apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered, though I'm
very glad that this did not detract too much from your overall experience. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

This is a fairly standard Econo Lodge in a very convenient location. The big benefit is proximity to the beach - if it isn’t too foggy, you’ll see it right out your window. The beach itself is several blocks away, but you’re only a 10 minute walk away from Yaquina Bay State Park with beach access (and parking). You also have a pretty wide set of options for dining, from the more grab-and-go places right around the hotel to the more formal dining just a few minutes’ drive away. The rooms themselves are a bit older, but comfortable. There’s no AC, but we didn’t find this an issue even visiting in August. They are not very soundproof, so you will hear noises from outside/other rooms. More recent charging stations were provided, but we found that only 1 of 2 plugs worked – in both of two rooms. Still, comfortable beds, fine bathrooms and a big refrigerator were what we were looking for and found.

We were here for the 2017 solar eclipse and the staff were helpful in providing directions and suggestions for viewing, including handouts with maps. Their regular rates look to be quite reasonable. Because we were here for the eclipse, we paid an exorbitant amount, but it was still cheaper than most hotels were charging in the area.

The staff here is really friendly, another big plus for staying here. We were surprised with a free upgrade to a suite upon arrival. They also added a very nice touch to breakfast – homemade banana bread, along with hardboiled eggs. Breakfast was a bit nicer than we were expecting with that banana bread and hardboiled eggs added to some of the more typical continental breakfast options. The breakfast room doubles as the check in area and is fairly small, so you may want to take your breakfast to go unless you’re eating early.

Whether you’re visiting for an event or a quiet beach getaway, this is a very pleasant place to rest your head. Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Tiffany L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you so much for your kind response! We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay with us. It is always nice to share positive comments with our staff. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our breakfast and were so comfortable during your time with us! We look forward to seeing you again in the future and hope to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

found room and general appearance to be dirty. higher priced then expected for a budget type motel. only spent one night there as could not get into hotel we booked for the next 2 days in Newport due to arriving a day early. location is central enough as Newport is spread out along hwy 101. Would not stay here again

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mslibbyofMoncton
Tiffany L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to offer your valued feedback. We apologize that you felt your stay was less than satisfactory and appreciate your time.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We came across this hotel somewhat by accident. We didn't plan on staying in Newport but we spent too much time enjoying the scenery along the route that day and found ourselves needing a place to stay without a reservation. Jennifer was very personable and professional, gave us a discounted rate. The room was pretty basic but clean and quiet, breakfast was cosy but offers a lot in such a small space.
The fresh banana bread was delicious!

Very nice for a budget hotel

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Tiffany L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for your kind review! We are thrilled that we could help you enjoy your stay and hope to see you the next time you visit the coast. Thanks again. :)