“Great new bar/restaurant in Nye's beach area - great beer selection and excellent food”

The Tap House at Nye Creek
Ranked #37 of 122 Restaurants in Newport
Reviewed 6 July 2018

The Tap House has been open for around 18 months - the facility was a prior laundromat and the conversion to a bar/restaurant is awesome creating a great atmosphere either at the bar or tables. Great beer selection and the pizza is wonderful with excellent crust. Beer prices are a bit steep compared to others however not unreasonable.

We stopped by twice over the weekend and were not disappointed. The area is transforming now with many shopping stores as well - worth a trip and walking distance to the major Hotels

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Just last week, while my husband and I were over at the beach from the valley, we stopped at the Tap House for a dessert. Lucky for us, we sat in the late afternoon sun on the outside patio. We had a venue for "people watching."

In addition to a great selection of "cold ones," we each enjoyed a delicious dessert. We had a wonderful table server who helped us with our menu selections. They were brought quickly from the kitchen to our table. Yummy, and so good!

Many, many thanks~

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We tried the Tap House for the first time tonight. Our waiter was Luis and we quickly felt like we found a new friend. He was so friendly and knowledgeable. I ordered margarita pizza and wanted Pinot Noir but they were out. Luis brought me a sample of Cabernet and a sample of red blend so that I could make a decision that suited my taste.
Hubby had a martini. The full bar options are numerous.
For dinner hubby ordered the chicken strips. It is a generous portion served in a box with fries. The chicken was moist and tasty
My pizza was great. Cooked in a wood fire oven. Delish and ample amount. We shared everything and took home half the pizza.
Even though it's a place noted for its beers we saw many young couples with young children coming in. Nice to see all ages enjoying an evening out.
We will be back. Hope we see Luis again on our way through!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018

It seems their kitchen and staff keep changing. I have been very disappointed in their food and cannot recommend it. Great location with potential if they can find a consistent kitchen, it could be a big hit. Right now....nope.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 30 June 2018

We enjoyed the Tap House in Newport. They have a huge selection of beers. When we asked if they had a printed beer menu they said they only have them listed on an electronic board. The bartender did tell us about the different beers so we could make our choices but we still would have liked that info to be on a printed beer menu. My husband had a shrimp melt sandwich and I had a steak sandwich - both were great. We had the chowder and soup of the day for our sides. They were both very good as well. Our server was very helpful and attentive. Not a long wait for our food. Would recommend.

Date of visit: June 2018