“good, but”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Newberg
Port Orchard, Washington
“good, but”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Check in and check out were seemless, breakfast was fine except breakfast room was too warm, bed was very comfortable and clean. I would of given it excellent but as I sat at my computer at the working desk in the room I looked up and there is a floral painting with a vase which has unclothed men on it. Now I am not a prued by anymeans, but this hotel is family friendly and recommended by the local Christian University so I think the hotel should rethink the artwork!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank norenebeaver
38135, General Manager at Best Western Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you for the comment and suggestion. We will look at the artwork and work accordingly on same. Once again thank you for taking out time and reviewing us. Appreciate your feed back and hope to see you soon at our property during your next visit.

Shalini Patel
503-537-3000
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sheridan, Oregon
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Stayed 1 night on 1/1/12

Everything was more than adequate. The staff at check-in, check-out, breakfast and in the hallways were courteous and friendly. Had no problem getting an extra hour for check-out so our kids could enjoy the pool a bit more after we ate our breakfast.

The GOOD: staff, cleanliness, the price ($72 for 2 adults/2 kids/1 dog on a Sunday night), breakfast, location, pool, hot tub, sauna (pre-heat for 30 minutes if it hasn't been used), selection of channels, dog walk area

The BAD: ice machine on 2nd floor was broken

The UGLY: nothing

Overall I would most definetly recommend this hotel to others, and would not hesitate to use it again if needed.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk staff at check-in, they'll get you what you need depending on availability. I...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
38135, Manager at Best Western Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Thank you for taking out time and letting us know about our customer service. Appreciate your comments.
Reviewed 9 January 2012

First off I went back and forth about wether to rate this place as average or very good. I ended up choosing very good and I'll tell you why. Currently my husband and I are staying with my parents while we wait to close on our new home. So every other weekend we take off to a motel/hotel to get away and get some privacy. When I read the reviews people had left on other trip sites they'd rated the place low. So the first time around we didn't stay, but when we did we were pleasantly surpised. The staff are very friendly and helpful. When she offered us the first floor I asked if we'd have someone above us and the woman checking us in was nice enough to move us away from everything. The room was rather large, clean and had all the basic features you'd expect in a motel. In my opinion the only thing I'd change was how firm the bed was. Other than that..if you're passing through and need somewhere affordable to stay, I'd choose this place over Travelodge.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want and they seem to be willing to accomodate. If you ask for the second leve...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
38135, Manager at Best Western Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
On behalf of best western newberg inn, i would like to extend our thanks to you for just a positive feed back. We strive for superior customer care and glad you were appreciative about the same. Thank you for staying with us and giving us chance to serve you.
New York City
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My wife and I stayes here on a recent west coast trip. We used the hotel as a launching pad for wine tasting, and the location was excellent for this purpose. The hotel itself was simple, and the pretty much a no-frills place to stay. I had a few minor issues with the place. There was a college soccer team staying while we were there and they were not exactly a quiet bunch. Then again, neither was I back then. The gym is a waste. I tried running on the treadmill and I shorted out the entire room which went dark after 3 minutes of running.

A good place to stay if you want to explore the vinyards. If you just need a clean bed this should serve your purpose. Just dont expect too much.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mpdorf
Hawaii
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This hotel was convenient and clean. It was going through some renovations which should be done by Thanksgiving. All the ground floor rooms were non-smoking so the corridor also did not smell of smoke. There is an indoor pool, an excercise room, and a laundry room. The breakfast is adequate and basic. There is not much variety but there was waffles. The rooms are far from the street so it was quiet. The parking lot is in the back of the hotel and was well lit and clean.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank T W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
0.2 km away
21.3 km away
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
#2 of 6 in McMinnville

Been to Best Western Newberg Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK