All reviews crab quiche wonderful hosts guest rooms oregon coast private patio cannon beach absolute paradise restaurant recommendations stayed nights place to stay each morning fresh fruit living room peggy manzanita privacy tub
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We stayed 2 nights at the Awtrey house. Terrific experience; would highly recommend. Property itself is stunning. The view and architecture are unique as it gets. Dennis and Peggy are cordial hosts and will give you great recommendations on nearby activities and restaurants. Just ask. Lot of fun to talk to. Only 2 rooms, so an intimate experience. Our first time on the Oregon Coast, and could not imagine a better way to spend it. Manzanita is a charming town and nearby Wheeler also has good dining options. Though it's awfully hard to leave the plush room and view!!!

Room tip: Only 2 rooms, so book quickly. Both rooms are the same.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nicknyc2012
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I travel a lot and I have stayed in a lot of nice places, none any nicer than the Awtrey House. There are only two guest rooms and each has an extraordinary view of the Oregon Coast. Manzanita is nearby and it is a wonderful, untouristy coastal town. There are miles and miles of beaches with few people on them. Perhaps the best part of the Awtrey House is getting to know Dennis and Peggy. They are gracious hosts and breakfast is a tour de force. My wife is still talking about the eggs with oysters on them. If you are going to the Oregon Coast, I don't think you will be disappointed here.

Room tip: With only two rooms, you can't go wrong with either one.
Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 31 August 2017

From the stunning views to the amazing architecture to Dennis' terrific breakfasts - this place was a total win for us. When searching for a place to stay on our trip up the Oregon coast, I came upon the listing for Awtrey House. I'm so glad we decided to stay here - and find a place we would love to come back to again and again. Restaurant recommendations were spot-on, and well as places to stop and see. I only wish there were more rooms so we could bring our whole family!!

Room tip: Both rooms are great
Reviewed 25 August 2017

My husband stayed here after hiking Mt. Rainier. The owners Dennis and Peggy were warm and delightful and quite charming. Their home is an absolute dream. I thought I was in Heaven. The pictures are nice but do not do it justice. In fact, its so nice, I hesitated telling people about it because I wanted to keep it to myself! But I live on the East Coast, that would be selfish haha! Everything was fantastic. From the made-to-order breakfast right down to the luxurious linens. I never wanted to leave! We are already discussing when we can return! Just Heaven!

Room tip: Only two guest rooms. Adults only really. Not ON the beach but overlooking it.
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I was searching the internet late Friday night for a romantic beach getaway and stumbled upon this home. I thought it would be perfect and had great reviews. I submitted my information which sent an automatic email to the hosts with my date inquiries. What I received back Saturday afternoon was the owners chastising me for inquiring Electronically at midnight. They then proceeded to say that midnight is too late and they've never seen activity this late but if I want to send my CC information, they'd be happy to reserve a room for me due to a cancellation. they're bold comments were highly inappropriate and I would not recommend this stay. I hope everyone is treated with more respect then what I received.

1  Thank alukich
Dennis A, Owner at The Awtrey House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

We are very sorry that my attempt at humor fell so flat. In my response to alukich I was trying make fun of the early bedtimes of those of us who live on the Coast (for example, many restaurants stop taking customers at 8 pm-certainly not a big city schedule). I missed my intent by a mile, for which I truly apologize. There was no disrespect intended and in the future I will write with more clarity.
Dennis