All reviewsguest roomscrab quicheoregon coastbeautiful bathgracious hostscannon beachstayed nightsplace to staygreat viewpeggynbamanzanitatuboceanwheelersunset
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Top notch in every way. Beautiful Modern architecture by Cutler enhanced with art from local artist Pam Greene made for a very comfortable room. Luxury linens. Beautiful view. Bath large enough for two while maintaining that view. Espresso maker in the room, with more then a dozen flavors of espresso. Fire place for the cold nights. The hosts Dennis and Peggy are great. The breakfast was gourmet. Conversation inviting. The environment was the warmest my wife and I found right on the northern Oregon coast. The sun was shining there when the clouds covered the surrounding coast line. It was awesome! Perfect place to pamper yourself and relax.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dyson2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The house is gorgeous and modern - no doilies, the accommodations provided more comforts than most people have at home, and the hosts were warm and inviting. The two guest rooms offer hotel privacy with separate entrances. We have traveled extensively and Awtrey House is our favorite and most memorable lodging experience. We will stay again and highly recommend Awtrey House for anyone wishing to experience the beautiful Oregon coast.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Phxazmike
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is the best B&B my wife and I have experienced. Our hosts, Dennis and Peggy, are great fun and were always making sure we were well taken care of. They also make an awesome breakfast. Don't expect doilies and antiques. The architecture is superbly modern, furnishings are comfortable and the views outstanding. A lot of thought went into this house. Before we left, my wife and I agreed we will be back. Thank you Dennis and Peggy!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ted L
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I traveled to the Oregon coast for the first time with some friends. We stayed 3 nights in the most beautiful setting that we found it very hard to leave! The 2 rooms are gorgeous - comfortable beds, a wood buring stove, luxury amenities, and best of all, an incredible view of the ocean. We left our window opened every night so we could hear the ocean - so peaceful. I would be remiss if I didn't mention Dennis and Peggy's fantastic breakfasts. Not your usual fare - if you go, insist that Dennis make you the crab quiche. The Awtrey's are great hosts - warm and friendly but not obtrusive. When we plan our next trip to Oregon, this B&B will be our home base.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carolyn L
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed in the Awtrey House a few months after our wedding to get away and have a romantic weekend. It was amazing from start to finish. The view from the room is spectacular - you can literally lie in bed and watch the waves. The decor is simple yet classy, with many little touches such as Nespresso machine and high end bath products to make you feel pampered. But possibly the best part is Dennis and Peggy - they were perfect hosts. Welcoming, yet giving us our space. They cooked us an amazing breakfast, complete with homemade cookies to take back with us. And they sat and chatted with us about anything and everything - great stories and laughs. We'll definitely be heading back out there - one of our new favorite getaways.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple