Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Perfect for our our night before a multi day rafting trip.

Reviewed 10 August 2018
ptbecki
Fairfax, Virginia
Good place to stay before river fun

This is a quaint, somewhat rustic, comfortable lodge and restaurant with several cabins up on the... read more

Reviewed 26 September 2016
ethank3
Berkeley, California

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2021

We took a river rafting tour with a guide and had a blast? Lonnie was our guide and so friendly! He shared with us local history and made sure to give us the most relaxing and fun trip down the Rouge. He made sure we hit the rapids in the best way. We live in CA and have family in Grants Pass so we will definitely come back and do this again!

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 30 October 2020

The food could greatly improve. Every meal we've had was atrocious. The Fish Tacos were horrible, fish was fried too hard, I told the waitress and all that was said was, would you like some ice cream or a cocktail? I should have responded with, no I expect it to be taken off my bill. We couldn't eat but a half of one fish taco. Another time we had the Nachos, don't bother. It came with the worst round chips, no hamburger meat, it was topped with chili and the chips were soggy. Said to a waitress, Where's the Beef and she went and got more chili. That's not Nachos. We've had a burger couple of times and each time it's cremated. The salad was wilted and tasted like it came out of a bag that ha been sitting for a long time. The drinks are great and the wait staff are fabulous. The view and ambiance is wonderful. Enjoyed the bands but all in all, don't go to eat the food. Get off your wallet for food and drinks. Won't be going back and it's one of our favorite rides on our Harley. So sad.

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed 24 September 2019

My review is not a putdown - merely an expression of what is provided in a remote setting. Both the lodging and food were more than adequate and we enjoyed our night there before a rafting trip. The staff and owner were great and helpful to our group of 5.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 20 July 2019

We booked two different lodging options at Galice Resort. We stayed in the President room of the lodge the night before our rafting trip. Nice room, but the benefit here is the many amenities available of which we did not have time to use in our overnight stay, but did enjoy playing pool in the game room and relaxing on the sofas and reading a book in the community living room. On our return to the resort after being on the river for the week, we stayed in one of the cabins, which was nice and private. Enjoyed sitting on the back deck of the cabin listening to the live music from the restaurant below. Restaurant had good food at decent prices with a nice view of the river from the outdoor deck, spacious seating. Even on a busy Friday evening, the wait staff were pleasant and efficient in serving. We used the shuttle service instead of renting a car from the airport, which was delightful. Tammy, our driver, shared about the area and not only dropped us off at the door of the lodge, she also carried one of our pieces of luggage in and made sure we found the room we rented for the evening. Exceptional service. Very personable.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I was initially disappointed when Morrison's up the road was booked since this was our launch point, but I booked Galice and was happy that the prices were much better and it was only a few minutes away. This turned out to be great since Morrison's was evacuated that night for wildfires! Galice didn't evacuate until a few days after we left, so we really lucked out! The Friday night music was awesome while we sat on the large deck and had dinner and drinks. We were grateful for the air conditioning unit to cool us down at night, though in the morning it was a bit chilly! We were grateful to the staff who came knocking on our door at 6:50 in the morning to notify us of a change in our raft launch due to the evacuations. There is a cute little store where my husband got a hat and we picked up a few last minute things for the raft trip. I doubt we will make it back to Southern Oregon, but I can wholeheartedly recommend Galice to my friends who will hopefully someday get the opportunity to experience this beautiful area of the country!

Date of experience: July 2018