“Horrible Place”

Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Bothell, WA
“Horrible Place”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I knew not to expect the Ritz but my experience was beyond terrible. The rooms were unclean, outdated and smelled bad. We booked this hotel based on the fact that it was affordable and had a pool with exercise facility. Long story short the pool is nasty and none of the equipment in the exercise room worked. When I approached the front desk clerk 30 mintues after checking-in about checking-out she said I would not get a refund since I had pre-paid for the room on Priceline. She stated that only a manager could do that and that there was no manager on duty. I called Priceline a few minutes later and they called the hotel to find out about providing a refund. Shockingly the manager just happened to have come in to do paper work (I saw her in back office the whole time I was speaking with the clerk). The manager blatantly lied to Priceline by telling them that someone was using the gym as they spoke and informed Priceline that I would not be able to check-out. I called the front desk and let them know that it was unacceptable for me to pay for amenities that were not functioning and that it was impossible that someone was using the gym because the 3 of 5 pieces of equipment didn’t even turn on. I decided to just check out and cancel the charges with my credit card company. When I approached the desk bags in hand the manager had decided to grant the refund. I don’t appreciate liars.

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Rogue Regency Inn
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Look, I trip on a budget so I never expect 5 star accommodations most places I stay, but I do have a minimum and this came in below that. I believe Priceline has this place reated at a 2 star, which is not correct. It should be a 1 star based on location alone. It basically sits right at the junction of the Crater Lake Hwy and Interstate 5. It also sits next to two large department/grocery stores, which is a bonus if you need anything, but doesn't help with the noise level. Basically, when you arrive it looks like one giant truck stop, with Semi's parked overnight included. It just made for the possibility of bad things to occur. Nothing happened though, however I did worry about the car being broken into most of the night. Staff was pleasant, the rooms were not. I mean, they were ok, but my wife basically slept completely covered head to toe with clothes on the fear of "catching something". Food choices locally are mostly fast food, which again is a bummer if you're not one to eat fast food unless in a pinch. I would not choose to stay here again. Probably sleep in my car over this place if I had to.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank freekarma

Travellers are raving about these Medford hotels

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This hotel is right off the highway. It is right next to a 24hr Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer and gas station to fill your car up. There are plenty of place near by to eat. The hotel itself is older. It smells musty mostly because the carpets are old. The rooms are a bit small and they are dark. The bathrooms were somewhat updated but the faucet was not attached to the counter top. It worked and there there was no leaking so I was not really bothered by it. The shower head had really no pressure but again it worked so we were happy. The bed covers were old but the sheets underneath were clean and the beds were comfortable enough. We slept well. I always buy those cheap glade room deodorizers and put them around the room. There is no hot tub only the cold pool and a small kiddy pool. The swimming area is big but it is like a big empty useless space. They have waffles, bagels, cereal and juices for breakfast. Overall it was not the best hotel and one that I would want labeled as a three start hotel. If I were looking for discount hotels and look for three star I don't think this one should be offered as one. This is the second time we have stayed here but I don't think that I will we will stay here again. Not horrible for one night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Victoria, BC Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This motel is huge, two stories, interior corridor. Swimming pool and a small fitness room. Staff at the front desk were friendly and the breakfast was great. It is off the highway so rooms were quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room if you want a really quiet room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My husband and I had to stay in Medford for 1 night and we weren't looking for anything fancy. We wanted cheap and clean with a convenient location to the airport and the I5. The Ramada is just that - nothing more.
I reserved online a few days before and booked a king non-smoking room for $65.
Check in was quick and easy. The front desk told us they are in the middle of updating all of their locks so since ours was a new style it wouldn't open the pool. If we wanted to use the pool we'd have to come to the desk for a key and they could give us towels too.
The room was older looking but clean. The shampoo/conditioner/lotion on the counter was better than the shampoo in the wall dispenser in the shower. I'm not sure why there were both but I tried both shampoos. The shower head was pretty low and I'm only 5'4".
After dinner I went to the desk to ask if there was a hot tub in the pool area. There is not so we didn't use it. We saw a fitness room.
It was cold in Medford and the room has its own heating/cooling unit on the exterior wall. Its loud and I didn't turn it up enough (or all the way I should say) so we were cold overnight.
There was a decent free breakfast included too. There was sausages, make your own waffles with syrup, toast, bagels, danishes, hard boiled eggs, 6 cereals, yogurt, coffee, tea, juices. Pretty good.
Overall it's basic accommodation and the price is right for what you get. Decent for us overnight.

• Stayed December 2011