See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Let me start that I was refunded my $. But this was only stop on our trip we felt unsafe with our 2 girls from the second we pulled in. It's not advertised this is a low income RESIDENTIAL Motel. You feel it by the neighborhood and the second you look around the place. Please pay the extra $30-50 & get a stay at a named place.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank oregonian4
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Awaiting our departure to Aqaba Jordan we stayed here. The staff was friendly. They respected our privacy and will not enter your room unless you're present. The management was always conserne for your wellbeing.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Frederick E
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

The facility is older than it looks in the pictures. Pleasant couple from India runs or manages the hotel. Seems to be primarily a low cost residential facility. I believe I was the only transient and short term guest.
All the locks have been broken and replaced by a simple keyed deadbolt.
Social life takes place on the balconies. Voices are loud, start early and last until late.
Rooms are non-smoking, smoking takes place on the balconies in old chairs not originally from the rooms, Goodwill rejects?
I saw no sign of bedbugs. Room was clean, decor was old. Couldn't close the shower door, bathroom sink had a two hour drain time. No room servicing in three days.
Would I stay here again, unlikely. But it was all 'livable', and inexpensive.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Gulliverbear
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Definitely a Five Star Motel!!! We travel through Medford regularly and usually find overnight stays in Ashland. Finding this definitely is a "No Brainer"! Most everything in most of the other Five Star Reviewers are accurate! From the well kept covered parking with beautiful hanging flowers and planter flowers. Nice friendly lady receiving me at check-in to the manager attending (and serving coffee refills!): the excellent free breakfast that offers several choices of juice, cereal, fruits, muffins, bagels self made waffles, on and on! Very nice room with King-size bed. Appears to have been recently well painted and well maintained! No trim or linoleum falling off, etc! Being a hot day, the air handling unit was rather loud! (only fault!) but it served its purpose! This is "The Place to Stay" in looking for a Very reasonable priced accommodation with great amenities !!!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 22 April 2016

First off, I need to say, I found what I confirmed to be bedbugs in my bed. I didn't find them until about 4AM. I left immediately without checking out, and found somewhere else to stay. I had to throw away everything I was sleeping in and take an extra hot shower just to be safe, then check all of my luggage (at 4 in the morning). When I came back the next day to check out and get a refund, the manager did not seem concerned about the bedbugs at all. He was quite simply not interested in hearing about it. He offered to move me to another room. Which frankly I was so grossed out at that point I never would have taken him up on that.

I knew I was going cheap on a hotel. This is one of the cheapest. However, I've now learned my lesson. I still expect places that are cheap to be clean and safe. There were such big gaps in-between my door and air conditioner and the wall that I may as well have not had a door. The deadbolt they use on the door is just a simple one you're used to seeing in old homes (NOT a hotel quality deadbolt like you see now. It has one it just doesn't work). They use standard keys which can be easily copied. I had random people knocking on my door throughout the night, children and dogs running in front of my door (which, due to the gaps I could hear very clearly) all through the night as well. I can't type enough to tell you how awful this place is.

When I payed for 5 nights and then asked for a refund after the first night, the manager first told me he can't give me a direct refund because I booked through someone else, which is fair. BUT then he told me "you can do what you want" when I stated I wanted a refund because of finding bedbugs. That kind of flippant attitude is unacceptable customer service. I get that this hotel is run by a family. I think they are trying to be as nice as they can, but obviously are very hesitant to lose any money, even at the expense of losing tons of business. I should have realized when the gentleman in front of me at check in was trying to get a refund himself. Unfortunately, because they charge so little for rooms, they're stuck in a cycle where they're never going to be able to make improvements to even be considered a 2 star hotel, but they are never going to be able to keep business at the current state of affairs. Rust throughout the bathroom, and the smoke smell in my "non smoking" room was overwhelming. That was the initial reason I couldn't sleep, because my throat was burning.

I don't care how desperate you are, I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Room tip: No good rooms. I was on the second floor and it was still abysmal.
Date of stay: April 2016