“Good Management, Staff and Wi-Fi”

Best Western Horizon Inn
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Kent, England
“Good Management, Staff and Wi-Fi”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I don't like writing bad reviews and this hotel doesn't deserve one --- but I have to say, it's not my kind of place. It has zero charm. It is a tad dated. Just a little too worn in all the wrong places --- like peeling wallpaper in the loo, right where you're seated. No elevator. Wimpy water pressure. Uninspired lighting. Okay junior suites, but the rooms are smallish and very basic. Comfortable bed, but tatty bed linens. Good wi-fi. Attractive lobby. Wee airless breakfast room --- but a Black Bear Diner sits in the huge parking lot.

In spite of all this, the people who operate this Best Western upgraded my folks from a smelly basic room to a junior suite when we complained about the smelly room. They made an effort and for that they deserve better than average. This is not a bad place to stay. It just isn't good enough for me to recommend it to you at this time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MarshaCoupe
Darbyanne, General Manager at Best Western Horizon Inn, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to offer us feedback. We know that we are in business because of our guests and we are grateful for any type of feedback that helps us stay relevant in today's array of hotel choices. You can bet that we are sorting through all of our new bedding to find any, that is not up to snuff. As well, I am proud to say that my maintenance team has already visited your room, to repair any deficiencies. I am also very proud to hear that my team gave their all to see to your comfort, while staying with us. When we miss an opportunity to deliver a perfectly maintained room, I am secure in the knowledge that our team stepped up, and found a way to make it right!

I respect your personal taste and honor your particular needs. By introducing you to Best Westerns new product selection, I hope to offer you more convenience, when making your travel plans with Best Western. We are the largest hotel chain, which means you can find us in more places than any other hotel. Now we have 3 products to choose from, Best Western, Best Western Plus and Best Western Premier. We are so proud to be a value choice, here at The Best Western Horizon Inn. All Best Westerns maintain the same super clean, super friendly services, but Best Western's amenity offerings are more basic, than those found at a Best Western Plus or Best Western Premier, in order for us to maintain the price point that fits best in our market area. The great news, there is a Best Western Plus just minutes from our location, offering visitors that promise of choice that Best Western is now committed to.

Thank you again. By telling us what you did like and sharing with us your observations of how we could do better, we are able to respond to the most important person in our relationship, "the guest"!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Aldergrove, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Great location,and very clean room,&great bed.
Exceptionally helpful desk staff,
Thanks Heidi for your help! You definately went the extra mile.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Darbyanne, General Manager at Best Western Horizon Inn, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Cleanliness and comfort are very high compliments indeed, because we work so hard to hear our guests give us that feedback. Our favorite comment is that Heidi went the extra mile to provide you with exceptional service. That is just how she rolls! You can bet that I will pass your comments on to her and as a team, we will give her a big pat on the back for a super job, very well done!

Thank you again for taking a moment to share your experience with other travelers, we are very grateful.

Yuba City, California
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stay at many Best Westerns because they offer great value and are consistent in quality. The BW Horizon Inn was by far the best yet. From Josaline at the front desk on arrival to the room quality, everything was just beyond the normal Best Western experience. We would highly recommend that if you ever need to stop in Medford, you make the Horizon Inn your first choice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Darbyanne, General Manager at Best Western Horizon Inn, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Wow, thank you for the great comments. Consistent, friendly service is what we strive for and if you think we are a good value that you would recommend, well then, we feel validated!!! Thanks again, stop by and say hi the next time your here. I love to meet our guests!
Lyons, Colorado
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This Best Western has all the qualities I look for. I found it to be just as clean, comfortable and friendly as when we were here two years ago. The staff is courteous and most helpful. The grounds, and all the facilities are well maintained. I love the breakfast room, that is such a nice amenity that saves time and money. We have family and friends in the area and I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. I shall return!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank arielandken
Darbyanne, General Manager at Best Western Horizon Inn, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Thank you for your very kind review. Our favorite comment is, we have been here before, we have returned and we will be back again. That is high compliment indeed!!! You can bet that I will pass on the great comments to every department, there is something for everyone! Thank you again for your generosity in taking a moment, to share your experience with other travelers.

Oregon
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This motel is conveniently located to I-5 at the southernmost Medford exit, near the hospital. Our room was attractively decorated, clean and quiet, despite the fact that the motel does not have interior corridors. The only "complaint" that I had was that while comfortable, the mattress was a bit bouncy and every time my husband turned over in bed I felt it.

The breakfast room is small, with limited but adequate offerings. There was an attendant present at all times when we used it, making certain that food was replenished and the area was kept tidy. There is a large number of rooms at this motel, and I'm sure the breakfast room would be inadequate if the motel were full.

Would we stay there again? Most definitely.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the property close to but not in the "pet" section