“Comfortable Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Comfortable Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I stayed one night so that I could drop her at the airport the next morning. We checked in about 7:30pm and the desk person was friendly and helpful. He mentioned to us that our assigned queen room booked online at choicehotels.com was adjacent to the elevator and offered us an option. (We stayed with the original booking and we never heard a sound.) We went off to dinner and returned with a second clerk on shift. He greeted us in a friendly fashion but from a business/customer service standpoint, it was a little curious that he was sitting in the lobby breakfast area watching TV. The room was clean and the bathroom with amenities was fine except it was difficult to change settings on the showerhead. My wife watched TV and I was able to stream content over the Wi-Fi. It was a 25 degree night and the heater quietly did its job. In addition, the insulation quality was more than satisfactory and the unit did not have to turn on frequently when set to 72 degrees. I used the lobby computer to print boarding passes and had no problems. The only potential issue is that the computer is setup like a personal workstation without any access/privacy measures. Warning: Be sure to permanently delete any private downloaded files as the system will not do this for you. The breakfast was good with both hot and cold selections. Having just returned from the airport at the 6am start, the layout was stocked and clean, though, I did not see what happened in mid-service. At check-in, I was told the pool temperature was seasonally adjusted for comfort but we did not take a dip. Unfortunately, it is not obvious how to locate the entrance, due to property location and civil engineering madness. Some fixed street signage and a banner-shaker on the surface street is helpful. I have stayed at this property before and will consider it again when looking for a room in Medford.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IchiroK
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

We checked in on a trip up to Portland from San Francisco. After a long day of driving all we wanted to do was eat and go to bed. Once we had gone to bed we realised that the toilet was overflowing. We call reception immediately and told the young man that water was coming out of the bowl quickly. He came up about 10 mins later with a few towels when in the mean time the water had spilled into the hall in the room.

He had clearly had to deal with this issue before and said "Alls you gotta do is jiggle the handle".

We changed rooms, in pajamas, at 11pm. The next morning one of the cleaning staff mentioned "another toilet flooded".

When I went to speak to the front desk they put me onto the owner. He was easily the rudest person I have ever spoken to. He accused us of not calling the front desk and immediately suggested that we would be liable for damages. He told me that this was the first time the toilet had ever flooded, meanwhile the girl at the front desk overheard and laughed. She mouthed that it happened all the time. He argued with me and threatened to change my credit card.

When I got off the phone other staff in the breakfast room also confirmed that there is an issue with the plumbing in the building but the owner will "never fix it".

The hotel was otherwise fine but the experience with the owner has put me off the Comfort Inn as a chain. Could not get away quick enough in the morning.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gizzbob

Travellers are raving about these Medford hotels

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

Driving from Vancouver BC to Palm Desert CA, first day, 11 hours. After getting a little lost because the GPS was a little confused, we arrived in time to eat a very decent meal at the hotel right next door which was more expensive. We did want to drive anywhere for dinner!
The gentleman at the desk was welcoming and helped me identifying a place to get a Mac power cord which I had left at home. We went there the next day and problem solved!
Our room was clean and comfortable and we got the room on the "quiet" side that we requested. It faced away from the interstate and was pretty quiet even with the window open (3rd floor). The walls are a little thin and I did hear the alarm next door at 5:30 am but was able to get back to sleep with no other noise interrupting.
We had the usual "extended" breakfast offered. Again the two men on duty were extremely accommodating as we arrived just as they were closing breakfast down. They made sure we got what we wanted for breakfast and we were back on the road. Just what we had planned.
In short: The location confusing but close to interstate, the price was right, the people very friendly and helpful and the stay comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Staff were friendly and proactive. Immediately fixed an issue for us. Close to the freeway, but removed from the main roads and feels safe.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

Remember the old joke that began, "You know it'll be a bad day when...". Well, you know it may be a bad stay when there's a human arrow at the corner waving a sign for the motel you're going to. I didn't feel reassured by the desk clerk who seemed totally disinterested in his work. (When I went to the lobby later, he was sitting on a chair, feet on an adjacent chair, eating snacks and watching TV.)

On a positive note, the room was good size with comfortable bed and reasonably nice linens. The hotel was quiet, maybe because it was nowhere near full. An oddity: the table (desk) is placed opposite one of the bed so that whenever I moved the chair back, I bumped into the bed.

Complimentary breakfast was poor. I couldn't get the internet to work. and the aforementioned desk clerk was not helpful. All in all, a mixed bag of good and bad.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo