Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Shari H
Salem, Oregon

2021 review by Experienced travelers

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Aug 2021
Belknap Hot Springs Lodge & Gardens is extraordinarily beautiful and well maintained. There were absolutely NO issues with reservations, each time I called a live person answered with courtesy and kindness. Sharla at the front desk was sweet & professional while showing everyday that she cares intently for her guests.
If you are looking for a corporate glass & brass, on cutting edge of tech with room service and concierge 24/7 you may wish to head back to the city. BECAUSE this is the ultimate retreat to get away from all of the above. This incredible property is covered with acres of healthy forest carved with a labyrinth of trails, manicured gardens & meadows and secret delights you must experience for yourself. Nature is present here. Martha (salt of the earth) is one of the many talented gardeners who care for the gardens with love. Her green thumb is obvious no matter where you look.
The hot springs pools are clean & convenient whether you arrive for a room in the lodge, cabin or RV space overlooking McKenzie river or a camping nook nestled in the woods.
Belknap was established in 1874 with an eye to the future with welcoming, imaginative, planning ongoing in their gardens, forest landscaping as well as lay out of this amazing place.
One comes here to hear the river, bathe in the hot springs, walk the trails, delight in the secret hidden gardens. To be reminded of who we are beyond the the din of the busy outside world...find peace...find calm. FIVE STARS!!
Date of stay: August 2021
59.9 km from Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens
₹11,673
60.7 km from Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens
View more hotels in McKenzie Bridge
All reviews the secret garden the river hot pools across the bridge soaking pool firewood tubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2021

We stayed at one of the "mountain" houses at Camp Yale. In future, I would prefer to bring my own RV and camp around the Celebration Lawn.

The good -
-Beautiful gardens
-Close to the river
-Quiet
-Places to hike, bike, and go white water rafting

The meh -
-Furniture in the house needs to be repaired or replaced. Club chair shredded. Dining table finish is battered/dining chairs falling apart.
-The kitchen was VERY poorly supplied. Needs new dishes/glasses and utensils.
-No watchable television (unless you bring DVDs and player), no cell service, no internet, no way to get in touch with the office other than getting in the car and driving over there (about a mile away). Of course, this could be a plus for some folks.
-No games, cards or books in the house.
-No restaurant on site, supplies in the store are VERY limited. Closest grocery or restaurant or gas station is 5-6 miles away. Make sure you are supplied and gassed up ahead of time.
-Swimming pools are filled with hot spring water (good)/No unheated pool to cool down in (bad). (Seriously Belknap, put in a 3rd pool and use some river water, which would be refreshing when it's 100 degrees outside.) The decks need work as the grout around the upper pool (by the Celebration Lawn) has crumbled.
-Wouldn't even go in the restroom at the upper pool.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank jkp99b
Reviewed 13 July 2021 via mobile

This was the WORST property we have ever stayed at. Upon our arrival, We were hoping to relax in the resort’s lounge with a glass of wine followed by a nice dinner. Only problem was, THERE IS NO LOUNGE, NOR ANY RESTAURANT ON PROPERTY. The closest restaurant is five miles down the road. The resort doesn’t even sell wine, or beer in its little store.

In addition to that, they have no wi-fi, no internet, and no television. Oh, they do provide complimentary continental breakfast beginning at 7:45 a.m. However, you can’t even get a cup of coffee before that.

The temperature outside was 95 degrees. Our room had a wimpy free standing room cooler that was of very little assistance.

Basically, the only amenity the resort provides is two pools heated by hot springs, which doesn’t sound very refreshing in 95 degree temperatures. And they have the audacity to charge $140 a night for the room.

If you have plans to visit the McKenzie River area, look at some of the smaller lodges and cabins. You’ll have a much more enjoyable experience.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank robinb1619
Reviewed 15 May 2021

I have read the reviews complaining of the customer service, old rooms and the phones. I have visited Belnap twice a year since 2012. I love this place, it is unique and not a cardboard cookie cutter "fancy" hotel style lodge. The different retro lodge rooms give you a view of the different decades of the hotels lifespan. The pools are amazing, the beds are amazingly comfortable, the river is relaxing. I have stayed in the upstairs two bedroom suite, great for a family trip. I have stayed in the side dog friendly rooms, and even the second floor in the tiny room, when the lodge was full. On that occasion they moved us out of the little room as soon as space opened up and even offered to move our luggage to the larger room down the hall. I realize they have internet and phone issues right now and booking there requires a phone call. Please be patient and don't be a hater, the fire was right down the road from them and I am sure it is difficult to have anything work properly right now. I emailed them to check availability for my next trip.
This place is a gem, the landscaping alone gives it the "wow" factor! If you want updated "niceness" go stay at a best western.

Date of stay: April 2021
4  Thank Deloresrichards
Reviewed 2 April 2021

We almost canceled our reservation after reading the horrible reviews on this place but am so glad we didn’t! The facilities were beautiful! Take a hike and find the Secret Garden! The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious with a view of the river and the hot springs! We brought our own Keriug coffee maker! I would recommend doing the same! For the lodge guests there is a simple breakfast of fruit, muffins, yogurt etc. We went into town 8 miles each evening for dinner. Or bring your own food. There are fridges in the room and microwaves in the breakfast room. Poor internet. No TV. No cell reception so disconnect and enjoy the experience! We will be back!!!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank EstherBain
Reviewed 2 April 2021

Wow, so incredibly rude on the phone just now in trying to make a reservation for a Monday night.

I am told that I'm unable to stay with having a Four Wheel Camper pop up camper on the back of my truck, as I either have to "plug in" for an RV site or physically have a tent on the ground. I explained multiple times that I was looking for a drive up tent site but that my camper is fully self contained and the lady on the phone told me either one of those options is mandatory. I even joked about whether or not I should bring a dummy tent to put out on the ground next to my truck and she responded rudely about how that was unacceptable and that I cannot sleep in my vehicle.

You've got to be kidding me, Belknap? I'm looking to be a polite, responsible patron of your establishment and I'm greeted with rudeness?

If anyone at Belknap actually cares to call and discuss this with me, please feel free to reach out.

Otherwise, good riddance...