“Awful rooms in a quaint town”
Review of San Dune Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manzanita
San Dune Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Manzanita B&B and Inns
Salt Lake City
“Awful rooms in a quaint town”
Reviewed 9 August 2010

This hotel should be embarassed to offer what it does. The room we had, with one queen bed, was filled up by the bed. There were two hard-backed chairs and a table, a small refrigerator and microwave, and a cheap T.V. with...wait for it...VHS tape player if you wanted movies. The proprietor was nice enough, but closed at 9pm and didn't reappear until 9am. If you wanted anything, like to check out, before then, tough luck. We had to wait an hour and a half to get back on the road. The bed was abyssmal. The springs had gone, so they had tried to prop up the mattress using plywood and then cover the discomfort by adding a 3 inch foam insert on top. When we got in the bed our heads were lower than our feet by a good six inches. There was no tub, only a shower. The mirror nearly fell off the wall when I went to hang my kit on it. There were no amenities except a coffee pot. No breakfast of any kind. The walls of the room were so thin we could hear clearly every word of dialogue from the T.V. next door. There was no WiFi access. And for this they charged $110! The town of Manzanita, however, is very cute and has some fine stores.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kelowna BC
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Quiet, relaxing. We were given the "young lovers suite". This started things off great since we are not sooo young, We were around the back with a private deck, private driveway and a wonderful sitting area with a pond. Rooms a bit on the older side but have all the amenities that are needed and are very roomy. 5 minutes from the beach, restaurants and stores. Another wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Salem Oregon
Reviewed 31 March 2010

Spring break and my daughter, granddaughter, 3 dogs and I had a wonderful 2 nights there. Place is clean but you do not have to worry about the dogs messing up things. It reminded me of a college rental from the 70s. Number one was so quiet our aggressive terrier did not need to bark at all. It was spacious with a full kitchen,bath and living room and separate bedroom. Brian called me by name and petted the dogs. No problem at all for him us to bring our 3 dogs. The sheets were even ironed for us.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 August 2009

This is my second trip to the San Dune in with my dog, but the first without my kids. Both times, Brian made us feel right at home. You don't need to bring any extras, as beach blankets, bikes, movies, & more are available in the office, with free WiFi in the rooms. The beach is 5-6 blocks away, but there are plenty of shops, restaurants, a coffee place or two to tempt you along the way....

• Stayed July 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I stayed at the San Dune Inn for two days in May with just me and my dog. The atmosphere is super relaxed and informal. The owner Brian was super friendly and helpful with anything I needed. When I checked in, he gave me a map and information about places to go and places to stay away from (I especially appreciated the last one!).

The front office is stocked with books, movies, dog treats, dog towels, beach toys, and bicycles for guests to use (and it's a super informal, no check out necessary procedure... just grab it and use it and bring it back when you're done).

My room was clean and quiet and had everything I needed. My bed was fine and didn't stand out as overly comfortable or uncomfortable.

There isn't anything I didn't like about staying here. It was perfect for a relaxed couple of days away from home, hanging out on the beach with my dog.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manzanita
0.4 km away
11.1 km away
Tradewinds Motel
Tradewinds Motel
#4 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to San Dune Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK