“Great Burger!”
Review of Old Oregon Tavern

Old Oregon Tavern
Ranked #72 of 108 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Reviewed 20 October 2016

The hand form there burgers and they will add grilled onions. The fries are fresh cut and they will twice fire them for you if you like them extra crispy. The burger is big enough along with the order of fries for 2 of us. The fish and chips are hand breaded.Lacey and Kaden always have a smile for you

1  Thank patti p
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Old Oregon Tavern

Reviewed 1 June 2016

we had a drink at Old oregon Tavern, the waitress was really nice, ambient was quite as was thursday evening, good atmosphere.

Thank Maria D. P
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Most people should know a military ID is probably the most secure form of ID there is. Yet this establishment does not accept it. My husband is recently separated and only had his military ID. I had my military and my DL. Yet I was told the owner doesn't accept military ID with no explanation why. The bartender was sweet about it, but I will never set foot back into an anti military establishment. Shame on the owner for turning away a vet with his ridiculous rule of not accepting military ID.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

Very high priced and nasty. If you like this type of place this is it. Not very friendly either. I didn't like it at all.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I went to Old Oregon Tavern with my friend for her 21st birthday! There's not many bars around here, and the fact that I had a hard time finding recent reviews of this place made me nervous.

We're heading to Vegas for the weekend, but spent her actual birthday in Lincoln City because we got a jacuzzi suite on the beach through Groupon.

Leading up to the birthday, I frantically searched for bars we could head to at midnight. I found two, and I'm glad we picked this one. It was only a 20 minute walk from our hotel, but the walk was a lot darker than I had originally planned. At 11:35 we ran out the door and walked through quiet neighborhoods praying we'd be smart enough to get home.

My maps app brought us down the street straight to the beach stairs before asking us to "turn around if possible" (really? I'm walking, I can turn left without "turning around" and turning right.) The walk was fun anyway, and if I'm being honest we had a few drinks before we walked to the bar.

When we walked in (at 11:54 pm) there was ONE person in there. If we hadn't had a few drinks already, she might have killed me. The emptiness seems to be a Lincoln City thing or a weekday thing or an "off-hours" thing. Pictures always made every place look so much busier, but we really got the place to ourselves no matter where we went.

By the time we got to the bar, my friend handed over her ID and said "I just want a shot right at midnight, and I don't care what it is. I'll be 21 in six minutes."

The bartender made us two "slippery nipples" which I thought tasted great and had a small aftertaste, but my friend took it in three drinks and thought it was super strong. The shot hit me pretty quick and we decided to order food right away (we hadn't eaten since 1 pm) and as we waited we got two jello shots (yum!) and two mixed drinks.

The bartender (whose name I can't remember, but God bless her soul she was so sweet and tolerant!) made us two "Grateful Deads." Note to self: Don't tell the bartender "whatever." She was great! We just gave her nothing to go on and this drink had a grape taste and "blue stuff" with which I've had a not-so-great experience in the past.

When we got our food, which was relatively quick because she cooked it right there on the grill right next to the bar, it was PLENTY. We each got bacon cheeseburgers with fries and we pretty much downed our food. My friend was obsessed with the ranch, and part of our opinion is influenced by alcohol, but really I've had drunk food before and this was incredible. You can't go wrong with a bacon cheeseburger there.

She gave us waters which we definitely needed, and a drunk English guy walked in and provided great entertainment for us! He was HILARIOUS (probably drunk opinions) but he was definitely already gone. As his burger and fries were being made, he entertained us and we laughed, and it definitely made our night, but I'm not so sure the bartender felt the same way. Like I said, God bless her soul!

We made sure to tip her well, and if you come here please do! She is SO kind and she really is a lot of fun to talk with! She makes INCREDIBLE burgers.

It's cash only, but there's an ATM in there. The service charge is $2.25 so just be aware. There's a full bar, so they can make pretty much anything you want. The food menu was pretty much burgers, fries, onion rings, chicken strips. Just order a burger, trust me.

If I'm ever back in Lincoln City, I'll definitely be coming back here! I'm not down for expensive seafood at this point in my life (not just yet) so until then I'll be here. Even if you enjoy seafood, do the greasy bar food one night! It's an experience!