“Changed name still mediocre”
Review of Redhook Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Redhook Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Now called New Mexico restaurant. Serves breakfast, bar food, mexican food and Denny style entrees. Service and food are both underwhelming. Been there a couple of times. Thought it would get Better

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Another establishment that clearly had not been informed of the fact that college football would be contested on labor day weekend specifically the phenomenally popular Oregon Ducks.
it took 20 minutes just to get a drink and another 30 to place a food order.
This was compounded by watching a couple Who came in before us get fed and leave before our food even arrived.
And if you were not aware -- chicken wings are not breaded and baked. If you are going to perpetuate this fraud please make certain the menu is explicit regarding the preparation.
This was the second place in LC where we had this problem. Labor Day is not a new national holiday folks

Reviewed 23 August 2015

This is a recently reopened restaurant in a place where a sports bar used to be.
It has the same name as a well known Washington micro-brewery, but ironically, it does not serve Red Hook beer and ale, We ate there on a Saturday, about 4:00p, so either late lunch or early dinner. There were two occupied tables in the place.
Water and menus came right away, but after that, service went down hill in a hurry. In fairness, I suspect we had a brand new server (perhaps first day- maybe first customers?) and he did not know much about being a restaurant server.

We waited about 10 minutes (with empty water) for him to quit folding napkins and arranging silverware with his back to us until what I would assume was the manager, nudged him and motioned to our table.
He came over to take our order. My wife ordered the razor clams (which were excellent). She asked for a cup of the clam chowder with it (also made in the restaurant and excellent). Then he asked her if she wanted potatoes or other sides, she asked if they came with it, and he responded, why not?

I ordered the fried oysters and a bowl of the chowder. He asked what I would like to drink and I asked if the XX lager was local. He said he didn't know but he would ask the bar tender.

After a short wait, the main courses came, but no chowder, so we thought it had been forgotten. About half way through the meal, along came two identical sized chowders. I asked which was the bowl and which was the cup and was told that bowls are bigger. I noted that that's what I ordered, but I would be happy with the cup.

Then he came by (I had forgotten about the beer question) and told me there was a problem with the tap, and would I like some other brand. As the meal was nearly half over I told him no, the water was fine. Then a few minutes later he came back with a glass of the XX and told me they had gotten the tap working (I still don't know who brewed it and whether it was a local beer - but it was OK).

The bill was reasonable and we did not get charged for any extra sides. The food was really excellent, both the razor clams and the oysters were superb, and total bill was a little over $30.00 for everything.The fries were tender and perfectly done.

Bottom line was that the chef is very good, the food is excellent, the prices are reasonable and actually a bit on the low side for the Oregon coast in summer. I suspect the service that was so bad it was humorous was an anomaly.

It is definitely worth trying again some time.

1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

Driving through Lincoln City we swung in for breakfast. Atmosphere is both sports bar and family dining. We sat in the bar, which was clean and bright. The service was excellent! Our server even came back to verify whether or not my husband was allergic to a few things he didn't want on his food.

Definetly be back for either breakfast or a football game.

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

We took the kids in for dinner and the service was very quick. Got the kids the little man burgers and they loved them! Boyfriend had the fish and chips, said they were good. I had the fish tacos, probably the best ones I've ever had! I read the reviews before we left, and I have to say those fish tacos were great! Chowder was also excellent, overall a great last dinner on our family vacation!