“great place and great staff”

Best Western Plus Landmark Inn
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersGold level
salem oregon
“great place and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stay at this hotel every time I go to Lincoln City. It is my favorite place. You can always count on the staff to be friendly and helpfull. As I was reading the surveys of my favorite places here on Tripadvisor, I saw an earlier survey from a guest who was not so happy with the Best Western Plus Landmark Inn but reading his other surveys, he does not seem to like too many places. I never have any trouble with the internet at this hotel and since my travels are job related, I count on not having any trouble with the internet.
Also, I have checked out with Kim many times and she has always been very friendly and helpfull. As I already said, this is my favorite hotel in Lincoln City and I always look forward to my next visit......Thank you staff and see you again soon.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Landmark-Inn_97367, General Manager at Best Western Plus Landmark Inn, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Dear Guest,
From all of us here at the Best Western Plus Landmark Inn, we would like to thank you for taking a moment to write a review about our hotel. We really do appreciate hearing from our guest.
We are glad that vyou have chosen our hotel for your stay here in Lincoln City. Our staff is always eager to please our guest. Since we have upgraded our wireless internet equipment, we have not had any complaints. We look forward to your next stay here at our hotel.
Debbie McGinnis
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

took the family over for some R and R...I knew the location where i wanted to stay just not at what hotel so i had remembered driving by the best western once and thought it looked nice from the outside but what about the inside?? It had would sleep all of us (3kids and 2adults) very comfortable had a pool and hot breakfast so i thought we would give to a try....we were all very pleased and will stay there again...the room was wonderful 3 beds with a divider between them and in the dining room area there was a sink, refrigerator, microwave and coffee makers..the pool was big enough that the kids swam laps...breakfast was good too eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles,bisque and gravy, different breads, cereal and fruit....we all got a tray and headed back to our room it was a great time
thank you best western plus landmark inn Mary and Family

Room Tip: if you want a balcony ask for one or you wont get it
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Landmark-Inn_97367, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Landmark Inn, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear guest, we would like to thank you for taking a moment to write this review of our hotel. we are all so pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. The suit does come in handy for our guest with a larger family unfortunately we do not have suites with balkonies.
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

wow this best western was so clean i decided to eat right off of the floor just like i do at my owne home.... no but really amazing clean, good breakfast and alex was extremely helpful... the beds are very comfortable i enjoyed my stay and i will come again ...thank you all at the landmark inn

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Landmark-Inn_97367, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Landmark Inn, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear guest,
On behalf of all of our staff, I would like to thank you for taking a moment to write a review of our hotel. It is always nice to hear how our guest feel about our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

took my family on a little get away found best western plus in lincoln city. i will definitely come back and stay there. great staff that work there. I never had problems with my internet when i stayed there.
I love the beds so soft and comfortable, pool is great a nice large pool to do laps in. plus the breakfast wasn't half bad either.
I will return with my family .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear guest,
We are so pleased to hear that you liked our hotel and we are happy that you will stay with us again. Our hotel is newly remodeled with pillow top mattresses, flat screen TV's, new bedding and our big indoor heated pool is especially great for families.
Thank you for writing this nice review for our hotel.
CR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Not concerned about their quests or guest needs.
You either have Wi-Fi or you don’t & Best Western Landmark Inn Lincoln City, Oregon did not have High-Speed Wi-Fi as advertised.

When inquiring about non-existent Wi-Fi Internet connection, response promising with Anita but unfortunately she was busy and unavailable for follow-up.
Instead ended up with Kim, who's attitude was flippant, rude, very dis-courteous, about the internet issue.
Not surprising as other guests complained about Internet Wi-Fi/other problems. (noticed a few times in passing/Reception).

Manageress did offer to use downstairs conference room/closer connection,
however gave a vacant response ("sorry I guess we are full").
So! Seemed an unconcerned vacant thing to say.
Not the convenience expected when I booked room, Best Western's advertisement states "high speed internet" under Features & Amenities" & via email confirmation "Room Type - 2 Queen Beds,nsmk,Hi Speed Net,Balcon,Microwav,Refrig".
I paid what Best Western asked for room tariff but did not receive in return their side of bargain "ability to access internet from the convenience of our own room to continue planning/booking remainder of our trip & to receive important email communication from home.
Instead bumped into an extremely rude front desk person (Kim) & a blazay Manageress.

We Intended staying at Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn, Newport Oregon but gave it a miss.

Best Western plus or minus - Wi-Fi - vey poor, dis-courteous & unconcerned!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Landmark-Inn_97367, General Manager at Best Western Plus Landmark Inn, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear guest,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here at our hotel. according to your review, you stayed here in August of 2011. reviewing our records for that month, several calls had been made to our service providers and a few guest had some trouble with their firewall blocking them from the internet. Since then we have upgraded our wireless internet system completely. At this point unfortunately I do not know what kind of trouble you had. Thank you for your review. We take all of our reviews and address them with the staff. Our guest satisfaction is always our top priority.
Debbie McGinnis