“Great, affordable place”

Palace Inn & Suites
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I've stayed at the Palace Inn & Suites on several different trips. The rooms are spotless and comfortable, and the rates are incredibly low for the quality of the room. Everyone there has always been very friendly and accommodating, and the location was very convenient.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

When we arrived we greeted immediately. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. Would recommended to everyone

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 22 October 2011

For years I have stayed at the Palace Inn whenever I visited Lincoln City. I have no complains about the cleanliness of the hotel rooms. However, when I checked in at the Palace Inn early afternoon on August 29th, 2011 asking for a receptionist named Matthew who was working there in May and who's Grandson, as I learned, is collecting coins, I had brought about 50 coins along for him that were from all over the world and of value, the owner told me that Matthew wasn't working there anymore. But right away offered to pass them along to him. So when I saw the owner again later on that evening I asked him if he had reached Matthew and was told no. I received the same answer next morning when I checked out. Then I returned again on Sep. 15, 2011 and when I asked the owner if he had reached Matthew I was told no again and that he is out of town. But later that afternoon I met a receptionist called Jennifer who, as it turned out, was Matthew daughter who started to work there after her father left and yet, the owner never gave her the coins etc. When she confronted the owner about it she was being told that he has misplaced them. And when I asked him why he didn't give the coins to Jennifer when checking out next morning, he got upset and snapped at me: "why did you have to get involved" How convenient for him to forget that these were my coins and he promised to forward...And to this day, Oct.21, 2011 Jennifer still hasn't gotten the coins.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank Morgenbritany
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Very friendly staff, immaculately kept and spacious room and a convenient location to all Lincoln City attractions. We would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with dogs (which were welcomed here), try for a room on the lower level, whi...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elija7
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Read the previous review labeled "Dishonest pricing practices" after you read mine. I had a very similar experience but even more blatant. I have heard of refusing coupons based on occupancy before, but my story is a first for me. We booked our hotel online using a pre-pay rate option. We reserved a two queen bed room for 4 adults, our kids are over 12. When we checked in they said that we had not paid for the extra adults. I showed them our reservation confirmation which clearly indicated we had entered 4 adults on the reservation. They said then that the online booking site did not charge us for it so we had to pay an extra $22. I said that they should take that up with them, not me. They still demanded the payment. The manager the next morning was no more helpful. First time I ever had to pay more on a pre-paid room!!

Also, MEGA DITTOS on the concrete beds! Worst bed I have ever slept on and I travel a lot for a living and been in some cheap motels before.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family