“A lot to be said ”

Add it.
La Playa Mexican Restautant
Ranked #83 of 111 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Should I start with the good, or the bad?

Well, first of all, the inside of the restaurant severely needs to be fixed up. The windows are so dirty, you can't see out of them. It's April, and looks like old Christmas decor was up. The tables were dirty. (They may have had a rush prior, although nobody cleaned them in our 15 min wait).

The lady who took our order wasn't very friendly. While I was giving her my order, and I was talking, she turned and yelled something in Spanish to someone else who worked there, then looked at me like I was taking too long. Almost walked out then.

So, I ordered a carne asada taco. The meat was so overcooked, it was hard, and I could not chew some pieces. I also ordered a chicken taco. That was very good. I enjoyed that one. My husband ordered 2 carnitas tacos. He really liked them.

I had wanted a torta. But was told they were out. It was a quick grab and go lunch. I definitely want to try the chili relleno. We will give them another try.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

This ancient Wendy's building recently doing business as Oscars is really run down and needs to be closed for remodeling. The old suspended ceiling is sagging, there are bare light bulbs and rust. You can see in the kitchen and it looks dirty. I don't think they know the standard rules for restaurant cleaning. The black mop and water were left out in the dining room giving it the smell of pine sol. The few tables where the chairs were down needed to be washed. It was morning and they didn't have coffee (she showed me the empty can). I did eat a breakfast burrito and did not get sick. That is the best I can say for itl

Reviewed 20 July 2016

this is the former Oscars super Burrito. The building floats from one mediocre Mexican place to another. Now it is very dirty and rundown. I just don't think they have the resources to fix the place up enough to be clean and safe. Fearless cleaning would help. Eat elsewhere.