All reviews japanese garden koi pond boulder falls medical school beautiful hotel turn down service walking path conference center keurig coffee maker nice feature fantastic stay prime rib buffet breakfast best westerns staff went out of their way western hotels waffles
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Wow! The reviews are truly spot on for this place. Clean, modern, super friendly/helpful staff, incredible buffet breakfast, and pet friendly. This is one of the nicest chain hotels we’ve ever stayed at; better than most Hilton, Doubletree, La Quinta, Red Lion, etc hotels (even when freshly renovated). The only semi-negative is it’s location; there’s not much nearby so too few people will get to enjoy this fabulous stay. Hopefully other Best Western’s will follow suit.
For pet owners, they have poo bags, a nice potty area, and rain towels, even beds and homemade treats! They provide a great printed guideline as well.
100% recommended with ZERO reservations.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We decided to stay here on the spur of the moment after planning a hike at Silver Falls. We were so pleasantly surprised. The rooms, amenities, staff, and food were all exceptional. The on-site Japanese Garden is worth spending time in; it is very peaceful and so incredibly well-designed. I can see holding a function there in warmer weather. We had a lovely dinner in the 1847 Restaurant. The all-inclusive "continental" breakfast was exceptional for a "free" meal. (I am sure it helps having a restaurant on-site.)

We did not make use of the pool (it was too cold), but the area is set up nicely. Our room was well-appointed and the toiletries were lovely; i don't usually bring the hand/body lotion home, but I did this time. It was so quiet in our room and the staff was very friendly making sure we had everything we needed.

We will definitely be staying here again in the near future.

Room Tip: Our room looked out over the Japanese Garden (3rd Floor); it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Great new hotel close enough to OSU with reasonable pricing and a terrific breakfast buffet, especially for your growing college student. Great on-site restaurant/bar. Clean and modern rooms. And of course, great staff. Yes, it is a 20-25 min drive from OSU, but if the Hilton at OSU is full or prices @ $250, great alternative.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 3 April 2018

It is like coming home when I stay at The Boulder Inn in Lebanon. I have family in the area, and we all enjoy the restaurant, pool and wonderful pond / gardens that this hotel features. The staff is super accommodating and goes out of their way to welcome me.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nia R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Boulder Falls Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello Diane and thank you so much for being part of the Boulder Falls family! We so appreciate your repeat business and love it that you feel at home when you are with us. That is our goal for every guest! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip. Have a great weekend.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We live in the San Francisco Bay Area, but one of our kids is up in Seattle, so we frequently drive up there to visit. Generally, we've stayed with friends in Oregon somewhere to break up the trip, but since none of them were in town this week, we opted for a hotel. WHAT A FIND! This is no ordinary, run of the mill Best Western, although the reasonable price indicates it is. We may never visit our friends again!:)

This place is out in the middle of nowhere, but it doesn't matter. You feel like you are at a little resort. There is a lovely Japanese garden in back of the hotel which adds to the peace and quiet and tranquility of the place. I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with something to complain about, and I guess the only things I could come up with are that the windows don't open (I like fresh air) and that the lighting in the bathroom is a little dark. Other than that, everything checks off.

The bed was comfy, the towels were fluffy, the room was spacious and lovely, there was ample storage space. There were real coffee cups and real creamer, glass drinking glasses, a safe, a fridge and a huge closet. They provided robes, a thermostat-controlled heating/cooling system, plenty of towels, plenty of plugs for electronics (with TWO bedside tables) and FOUR plugs in the bathroom. They even had my favorite (and oft-forgotten) feature: a place to hang handtowels near the sink!

Every employee we encountered was extremely friendly and personable and welcoming. The facilities were clean and thoughtful. The fitness room went above and beyond most hotel ones, and the hot tub in the pool area was actually hot. There's a large business center and the lobby has a fireplace, piano and comfy couches to sit in overlooking the tranquil gardens.

We ate dinner at the on-site restaurant and it was delicious. In the morning, there is a free breakfast with hot items. Not just your usual motel "weird eggs" and dry muffins, but REALLY good eggs, real fresh fruit, and delicious scones, along with the requisite waffle maker with toppings, oatmeal, cereal, juice, yogurt and breads.

I never write reviews while I am still sitting in the hotel, but I am this time, so I can make sure I don't forget. I could stay a few more days and be perfectly happy. This one's a winner, folks!

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms have a view of the gardens.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Nia R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Boulder Falls Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Good morning Terri. Wow, thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate everything you said and are so glad you decided to give Boulder Falls a try. We love taking care of our guests and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the area!