“Best food around ”

American Classic Diner
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Lakeside
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Great place. Food is fresh hot and plenty of it for the money. Best place to eat in Lakeside. Beats all and everything sold at the dump at Osprey Point RV resort drunk bar. Avoid Osprey at all costs unless you dealing with a psycho owner and drunks lurking everywhere.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

I really, really enjoyed the food the last time I was in there! They have classic choices such as French Dip, BLT, Cheeseburgers & Fries, etc... The staff is very nice, too, and that's always a good thing!!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

I decided to give this place a try today. Huge mistake.....tried to call in a order so I could pick up on my way home. Horrible service on the phone, rude when all I asked was for a estimate of time to pick it up. Kept telling me others were in front of me..ok....how much time then...approximately....she would not give me a answer and was rude as hell. Took my business to Osprey....had great service. Guess this small business does not need new customers.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Had a really good burger but the lemon meringue and banana cream pie were to die for. Homemade and 2 bucks a slice. Excellent!

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Sorry to say, we like to do take out. This Diner only does it after all other orders are taken care of. I have waited up to an hour for 2 burgers and fries. Sorry, checked a month ago if they had changed, NOPE is what I was told. We live in Lakeside:( So much for locals! I am sad, the burgers we had gotten were good:(