“Always a treat.”

Hought's 24 Flavors
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in La Grande
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Hought's has been around for years and it was sad when it closed. In stepped Carla to reopen and revitalize Hought's. The decor is retro to around the 50's 60's like an old time soda fountain. My personal favorite is the Southwestern Hought's burger. The spices in the Hought's burger are special and give the meat a wonderful taste. The curly fries are done to perfection. This is not fast food and if you're in a hurry this is not the place for you. But, if you want to relax and enjoy the experience and then enjoy some ice cream this is the place for you and your family.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped by on a Saturday night, same weekend EOU had their graduation, so it had been a busy day for Hought's. I was so looking forward to a Huckleberry shake, but because of the busy day they were out of about 8 flavors. Oh well, I still enjoyed my shake (salted caramel pretzel). They have cool like "puppy" cones, great for little bites. They are generous with their tastes making sure you like what your ordering.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

The hamburgers were awesome. Can't wait to go back and have another! The ice cream is great also! Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

Food wasnt special. Didnt feel the welcome here..my sister was really excited to come to town n go here..been since the 60's since she had ate there.. She didnt care for atmosphere n food..shame as we wanted to share a nostalgic moment again there.
Waitress wasnt friendly.. Sorry but thats my opinion

Reviewed 1 October 2016

Online search for "best burger in La Grande, OR" returned Hought's as an option. The place sits on a corner and has some outside seating, which is nice when the weather cooperates. I went indoors, the atmosphere is VERY malt-shop, including the 50's to early 60's music. I ordered the Mushroom Swiss burger (there are two types of patties, the Hought's and regular; the former comes with garlic salt and pepper, which I highly recommend), a small order of fries, and a small iced tea. The total was $10.50, which I thought was a bit high, but when I got my order, I was delighted; the burger was DELICIOUS, the fries perfectly crispy on the outside and tender inside. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a great-tasting burger. They have a nice-sounding ice cream selection, locally sourced, but I was too full to indulge. Ah, another time perhaps.

1  Thank Angela S