“Small Town Thai”

Add it.
Royal Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 29 September 2014

This is a Jem; good food at a very reasonable price with large (we each took half home) portions. Clean and friendly.

1  Thank Walter K

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My daughter is a student at WOU and this is her favorite place. We have been there numerous times and it is always great food and we really enjoy the owner. I have read of rude behavior but my experience has been just the opposite. My daughter and her friends love the guy. The place doesn't take reservations but I really wanted to make sure we got our whole family in for graduation and he set us up. He even told me that if the ceremony went long, no worries, he would hold it for us.
Again, the food is great. Have enjoyed everything I've tried. Independence/Monmonth doesn't have many choices, but this place is terrific.

2  Thank WKF774
Reviewed 16 April 2014

When I read reviews like the one I'm about to write I assume the author did something to warrant the treatment. So first and foremost - we didn't. We're polite pleasant folks (and sober, by the way).

My son and I stepped in for an early dinner before we had to be elsewhere, and, as strongly instructed by the sign (with extra arrows and exclamation points), we waited patiently to be seated in the mostly-empty restaurant. Eventually, the one server came out and started to serve someone else who kindly noted that we had been there first. The waiter looked at us sideways, huffed, grabbed a couple of menus, literally threw them on the table, turned his back to us and waved his hand at the table as he walked away. We were taken aback, but sat, looked over the menu and decided what we wanted. My son placed a quick call just before the waiter returned to take our order. As I started to tell him what we wanted, he looked at my son and said, "Oh, you're on the PHONE," as he turned to leave. I said, "No, we're ready," as my son quickly ended the call. But the guy just made a rude comment, waved me off and walked away. We were dumbfounded. After a moment of shock, we picked up our stuff and walked down to Mangiare where we had a lovely, prompt dinner with very pleasant service.

The experience at Royal Thai was bizarre. I know cell phones in restaurants can be irritating, but I truly can't remember ever being treated that rudely - from start (before the phone call) to finish. With that service any food would have been inedible.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Some of the best Thai food around! Enjoy the super fast take out several times a month. The restaurant decor is simple and new, but a little lacking.

1  Thank OregonianTripTaker
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Royal Thai in downtown Independence serves delicious food, has fast and friendly service and is a fabulous value. I have never been disappointed and have eaten there several times.

1  Thank C Y