“Waterfalls and Hike Adventure”

Best Western Plus Hood River Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Plus.Hood River OR. We had reserved a river view room a few weeks before. When we arrived everyone was very pleasant, the clerk(Lily) gave us two options for rooms, both with a river view. The first room was a beautiful room, king bed, but only had a picture window. The second room was in the older wing, while the room was ok and it had patio doors to the outside ground level, you had a share a patio with the next room. After looking at both rooms we went back to the desk to see what else might be available. Because they were not full and we were staying 3 nights she gave us an upgrade to one of the new rooms. Lovely room with patio doors to the 3rd floor private balcony. It couldn't have been nicer. We had breakfast included, which was a cooked to order great meal. The only thing we didn't like was having to go to the front desk for pool towels. Our room was near the pool, but quite a walk to the front desk, so usually we only took the included robes from our room.

Room Tip: River View is the best.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Barb L,

I am so pleased you chose the Hood River Inn for your three day trip to the Columbia River Gorge. I am glad you enjoyed the ambiance of our rooms, dining in Riverside and our helpful staff. It is great that we were able to upgrade you to one of our new rooms. Thanks for your suggestion regarding pool towels, we now have them available at the pool as well as at the front desk. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Hood River.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Hood River Inn

Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed here for an evening on our way to Walla Walla, WA. We were very pleased with the staff, the rooms and the overall stay. The rates are very reasonable and even includes a fantastic breakfast overlooking the Columbia River. Its a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dots75
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Dots75,

Thanks for making us a stopover on your way to Walla Walla. It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed our great location, restaurant, and our comfortable rooms. We cannot wait to have you back for another stay.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

I was very pleased with your staff, specially with a young lady,which I was sure to catch her name, lily. She answered all of my questions, provided me with a lovely room that fit my accomadations (next to the pool and a view of the river and bridge). She new exactly what she's doing in a quick and prompt manner! My room was very spacious and orderly clean! Not only that but the restaurant and lounge was Exquisite! Prices were resonable and free breakfast was delightful! I will be sure to come again and definitely recommend this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for lily!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Gerald W, Thanks so much for the highest overall rating, and for recommending our hotel and restaurant to other readers. We do strive to provide a complete experience and I’m really proud of our on-site restaurant, Riverside, as well as our shoreline pool, spa and fitness center. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again! I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to Lily, we too think she is a joy to work with. Chuck Hinman - General Manager

Reviewed 7 June 2012

This hotel is already highly rated, and what can I add? I reserved a room with no view and one bed. When I arrived, the desk clerk offered me my choice of floors. I asked what she would pick and she said the 3rd floor with a view of the river. Fine with me!

The room had two queen beds, two counter-and-sink combinations. The view was really nice, and the north-facing windows let in light without direct glare from the sun. The restaurant breakfast, included in the room rate, was vastly superior to the standard fare at most hotels.

I was treated like a VIP by everybody, and I have to struggle to find anything to criticize. But as a former journalist, I can ALWAYS find something that's not perfect. Here goes: The microwave oven, which I used to make popcorn, sits atop a small refrigerator. The top of the fridge is not flat, and the result is that it's very awkward to open the microwave door. I think this could be fixed pretty easily, and I'm surprised that they haven't done so.

I like to come to Hood River a few times each year, and this is now firmy my first-choice place to stay.

Room Tip: My room was in the West Wing, and I was very pleased. If you can get a river-facing room, go for it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear 44Boppa,

Thank you for your kind review, It is always great to hear from a seasoned traveler like yourself and especially to exceed one's expectations. We look forward to your next visit and in the meantime I will look into a solution for the microwave issue you mentioned.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights here in May and loved it.
We could open the curtains for a view of the river and open the balcony glass door for fresh air. We could not hear traffic, except there were some “clanking” metal plates on the bridge, in the distance, they were not so loud that we couldn’t sleep.
The room was clean. I didn’t find a single hair in the bathroom!!! And well designed.
The staff are lovely, attentive, friendly and professional. I ordered from the included breakfast menu, and my husband ordered from the main menu. I really like the flexibility, and if you have to keep to a budget there’s plenty to choose from on the included menu. And, as they accept well-behaved dogs… We can visit more often. And we will. Great hotel, in a really lovely area with something for everyone.
JanC.OrcasWa

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Interstate if,like us, you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear JanC,

Thank you so much for your recommendation. I am pleased you enjoyed our river front location, our comfortable rooms and the served guest breakfast. I especially appreciate your comments about our attentive and friendly staff! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hood River
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River
31.5 km away
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Hood River Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK