“A wonderful relaxing experience! Great host, great food, great times”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
Vineyard View Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 13 Hood River B&B and Inns
Halifax, Canada
“A wonderful relaxing experience! Great host, great food, great times”
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My partner and I had a wonderful time at this B&B. The house and the grounds were beautiful, with mountain and vineyard views and lots of super comfy lounging opportunities outdoors.

The owner was so welcoming and accommodating. We could tell that he cared about us having a good time on our vacation in Hood River, suggesting unforgettable day trips in the area.

The breakfasts were really a highlight. We stayed for a week and every day there was something different, unique and delicious. Almost always local & organic themed, including eggs from a farm down the road and vegetables from their own garden.

Further, we really enjoyed morning coffee chatting with the owners and other guests. This B&B has a social atmosphere. For the 4th of July weekend there was a great BBQ and we really felt like we were with friends.

Recommended to all

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dcorning
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 July 2010

The landscape alone is reason enough to visit Hood River, add some
outdoor adventure, exquisite gourmet meals and a relaxing massage and
you have a perfectly wild, exotic and wonderful vacation . . or
honeymoon! David and Soma, our hosts, were largely responsible for our fantastic
vacation. What we forgot to plan they so graciously helped us with and
it turned out better than we could have imagined! If you’re not
already friends of David and Soma you will soon find them at the top of
your list as they so sincerely wanted nothing but to serve and please
you from the minute you arrive. If there is an ideal people for Bed &
Breakfast hosts David and Soma are the perfect match. I love it when
people know what I want intuitively. . .it makes me feel loved. Thank
you David & Soma !

We are definitely coming back to Hood River with Great Expectations of
exciting outdoor adventure and tasty culinary cuisine. The
lighthearted conversations are equally wild and exotic at times. Tee Hee
It felt like a second honeymoon and we didn't want it to end.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
The Dalles
Reviewed 7 April 2010

The owners, David & Soma, are both gracious and entertaining - VineYard View - what a great spot! The creme brule French toast was outstanding and David lent us his snowshoes and directed us to a great place on the White River Glacier on Mount Hood - spectacular!

The Honeymoon suite had a private hot tub that hit the spot after snowshoeing on the glacier. David cooked a rack of lamb for dinner and was entertaining throughout...

In the world of B & B's this is far from your typical experience. David and Soma are vivacious, welcoming and entertaining. I'd recommend VineYard View B & B to anyone seeking an experience out of the ordinary - truly a gem.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 27 May 2009

I stayed here for an extended Memorial Holiday weekend and found it to be a wonderful place. First night I was in the double room, and the next two in the Honeymoon suite. The beds are comfy, and the double hot tub in the Honeymoon sweet was great after all day of sports.

The surroundings are great. the back patio is in the middle of a vineyard with a fire pit, and a view of the surrounding mountains, and Mt. Adams. At night we looked at the amazing amount of stars that can be seen.

It's well decorated, and very comfortable. It has the wine country feel to it, so it maybe more for wine tasters than windsurfers. But then again, I found this out afterward I arrived, that it's in excellent proximity to great Mtn Biking. I biked out of the Bn'B to great trails. I liked it's location because it's out of the hustle and bustle of town, on a peaceful vineyard, yet easy enough to get to downtown. I had a sports weekend with windsurfing, mtn biking and golfing so I found it really usefull that Dave and Soma let me use their garage for my toys.

The owners are really friendly and inviting. The gave me great suggestions for drinks, and dinner. And they are great cooks. Creme Burlee french toast with local berries! They cook with local and organic foods, some grown on the property. Very good breakfasts.

Right next door is a great winery that won winery of the year 2007, for good reason. The wine is good.

All in all a great place to relax and get your sports on.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
carlton, oregon
Reviewed 22 October 2008

We (my husband and I) stayed at the Vineyard View B & B in Hood River last June after I had stayed there previously on business. It is delightful! On the June visit, we had friends from Vermont with us and they also took a room at Vineyard View. The best part: the friendly hosts, David and Soma. On my earlier visit, I returned "home" one night and David and Soma and a couple of guests were watching a show on the big TV in the living room. David immediately asked me to join them. It was I show I was following that season. I felt right at home! The rooms are very tastefully decorated and, of course, very clean. On my first stay, my room had a window seat with a beautiful view. In June we stayed in the large and lavish 'honeymoon' suite. The breakfast in June was great and it was like a big family get together -- David and Soma, another couple and their two children, our Vermont friends, and my husband and I, all ate at one big table. It reminded me of our stay at a B & B in Amish country in Pennsylvania a long time ago. (On my earlier visit, breakfast was served at the business meeting so I did not eat at the B & B.) In short, I would recommend Vineyard View very highly. At least two couples whom I referred to Vineyard View did stay and also enjoyed the experience. And the location near Mt. Hood and the Columbia Gorge can't be beat!

• Liked — Friendly hosts, beautiful decor
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business