“Pizza, beer, movies, yay!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Skylight Theatre & Pub
Ranked #48 of 146 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 3 May 2016

Where else in the Gorge can you get a pizza, or other entrée, brew and catch a movie.....no where but Andrew's Pizza and Skylight Theatre.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

We had already eaten (darn it) but were thrilled to watch a movie at the Skylight Theatre. It's not the largest theater, which makes it kind of nice! The seats are comfortable and you can bring in food and beverages. What a great place to watch a movie!

Reviewed 20 December 2015

This place was so cool when it opened 20 plus years ago! Delicious pizza, great yet inexpensive place for a movie. I loved getting a slice, a salad, a glass of wine and a movie. Now you can't buy a slice of pizza for the movie, you have to order a whole pizza. Yet in the restaurant downstairs you can buy pizza by the slice. What? Where you have tables you can get a slice, but where there are no tables, just a small swing out on every other seat you have to buy a whole pizza? Where do you put it? If you want a glass of wine you have to put it on that little swing out, the cup holder in the arm of the chair is too deep for the wine glass. The quality of the pizza has gone downhill and the service has gone downhill. If there is a movie i want to see I'll go but I don't buy anything else there anymore. Bummer.

Andrew M, Owner at Skylight Theatre & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2015

Dear Monkey Girl,
I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent experience at Skylight Theater or enjoy our new remodel completed almost 2 years ago in 2014. The goal of the remodel was to provide a better quality product to our clientele, After 20 years, I felt the auditoriums needed new seating, better lines of sight for each customer, modern digital cinema equipment, and high quality food product. Re; pizza by the slice, i was not satisfied that we were representing our product well enough in the cinema. Simply put, I have never been satisfied with the equipment available to re-heat or keep slices warm. I believed, and still do, that pizza, fresh from the oven, is best. Hence, the reason for investing in a whole new kitchen to service our theater patrons. That being said, we still allow, and encourage people to grab slices from Andrew's counter below should they prefer. We are able to keep them fresher below, with more choices than we were in the old concession area. As to tables in the theater, the swing out tables actually allow for more space for food when compared to the old long shallow tables the butted up too close to the row in front of them. I am sorry about the wine glass issue, we have been searching high and low for a fix. If you could provide me with the time and movie you attended I will review staffing to address service issues.You can reach me at manager@skylighttheater.com To date, we have had very positive reactions to our remodel. We strive to serve/ satisfy our customers and will continue to do so to the best of our ability for another 20 years. Unfortunately, we will falter and fail at times. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity serve you in the future. Humbly,. Andrew McElderry Owner Andrews Pizza and Skylight Theater

Reviewed 22 November 2015

My daughter and I watched "The 33" here. The seating was very comfy and sound system excellent. Great place to chill and take in a movie. I was able to get a gluten free beer while taking in the show. We weren't here to eat, however it looked like they served some good eats.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

Excellent pizza at a place where you can eat and watch a movie. Always good brews on tap, and a great place to go relax and chill on a hot day.

Been to Skylight Theatre & Pub? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK