All reviews historic hotel parking pass train noise river view parking lot historic feel within walking distance lovely old hotel third floor rooms are small family suite air conditioning stay downtown step back in time chain hotel old school bed was comfortable
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Very cool old hotel early 1900s. Old time elevator with brass inner door so you see the floors go by ! All the shops, bars and restaurants within easy 4 block walk. We got a last minute Queen room 3rd floor on the "inside" with a view of a wall out the window. Bath very small with sink in room ( no room in bath for it) shower was maybe 3x3 so get a bigger room if you can. The hotel runs the 3 floor ac so the rooms stay hot. Open your door to let cold air in because thermostat is in hallway so nice and cool there! And as always bring your own pillow unless you like thin flat pillows.

Room Tip: Try for 1st or 2nd floor so you can run your own ac 3rd is hotel and very warm rooms
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

My wife & I visited Hood River for the main purpose of “slowing down”. We hit the jackpot by staying in Hood River Hotel! The curb appeal, extremely friendly staff, “creaky” but safe elevator, fantastic coffee while sitting on the outside benches early in the morning..... could go on & on. True, the rooms are not ginormous but very adequately furnished & bed was extremely comfortable. Staff even let us look at a couple of rooms & pick which one was best for us! Other reviews talk about noise from next door bar & street - we heard nothing! We did hear an occasional train & loved it!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018

On August 7th 2018 my daughter and I stopped in to see if there were any rooms available. We had been staying at the Columbia Cliff Villa and it looked like we would need to move since our room had been reserved by someone else for that night. The Hood River looked super cool on the website so we thought we'd give it a try. The hotel is a bit shabbier in person but still seemed charming. The front desk said there was one room available a suite on the 3rd floor--room 310. Because the hotel seemed a TEENY bit run down I asked if we could see the room before making the reservation. No problem. We had a real key on a brass room tab and proceeded to try the elevator. No dice so we just popped up the staircase to the third floor. The front desk was kind of funny about the elevator but at that time it seemed irrelevant. The maids were out and about cleaning rooms and the hall was bright and sunny. There was nothing spooky about it. I unlocked the room and went right in with my daughter at my heels. I never got past the doorway. I could see the bedroom in front of me and what looked like a room with a long table to my right. The shades were down and the bedroom was a bit dark but there was nothing I could see to blame for the sudden and utter terror (no kidding) that made me panic and lunge for the door to the hallway. I nearly knocked my poor daughter down trying to get out. Every hair on my body stood on end, every rational thought left my brain and all I could do was yell GO GO GO GET OUT GET OUT. Now I am not a person who flips out but I literally could not catch my breath and it took all my nerve and willpower not to start sobbing. It was so disturbing because I had no warning at all. I got the door shut and locked and stood for a full minute trying to calm myself. My daughter was shocked because I don't think she'd ever seen me like this. I decided maybe I was just a crazy person so I said I'm going back in I'm sure it will be fine.
Nope. Not fine. My daughter took the key and gave it back to the desk. She thanked the concierge and said we wouldn't be taking the room. No reason I wanted to share at the time. We went next door to the Darling Boutique and I noticed I had ink all over my right hand. It wouldn't come off. Maybe it had been on the key but my daughter also handled the key and no ink. I was so disturbed that I went down the block to a bar and took a couple of whiskeys neat before my hands stopped shaking. If you like to stay in haunted rooms then room 310 at the Hood River Hotel is your destination.

Room Tip: 310 if you like haunts
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Historic, charming and quirky with all its pros and cons. Good bed, small bathroom and noisy portable air condition unit. Small shops and restaurants nearby. Easy street and lot parking around the hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2018

We stayed in the hotel for one night. I booked through Expedia so I knew we would not get a prime room. We were on the third floor- I knew the room would be smaller as it is a historic building. The window overlooked the interior walls/ outside of the building. At 4 am we needed to call the lobby to have the air turned down as it was hot. Someone had left their tv on all night loud (not a deficiency of the building, just added to the frustration in the middle of the night). Rooms are not fancy but clean. The lobby is very cute and in a great location to walk the main part of the downtown. It is a great town to shop, eat and explore.

Room Tip: Third floor got hot in the middle of the night- try for first or second floor
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple