“Good Fish and Chips, Fast, friendly service, close to Ft Stevens”
Review of Buoy 9

Buoy 9
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Hammond
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We were camping in our trailer at Ft Stevens. The park ranger recommended this restaurant for their fish and chips. We had one order with and extra piece of fish and a side salad which was huge. I had a really decent martini and my husband had a glass of wine. We inhaled the marionberry cobbler ala mode. It was delicious. Total bill was fifty bucks. Overall a good food and beverage value.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This is not much to look at from the outside but as my husband said when he peaked in the door “well, there’s happy people and nice tables” so in when we went. Service was entertaining and prompt, food good, piles of shrimp on their dinner salad.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 15 July 2017

As a person who. Has spent most of his adult life within minutes of the ocean and now living in the desert, getting fresh or even decent seafood isn't a common occurrence. I have to travel some distance for it.

While spending a week on the OR coast outside of Astoria we chanced upon Buoy 9 as a recommendation from one of the camp hosts at Fort Stevens State Park. For our first night in, it was a good call.

I had fish and chips and a cup of clam chowder. Now I've had clan chowder all over the US and Canadian Maritimes, this was a tad different. Actually, it reminded me of somebody trying to convince Hattaras clam chowder with New England clam chowder. It was thin and watery. That's not to say it was bad because it wasn't. It was just unexpected.

The star of the evening to me was my fish. The two or three pieces, nice sized chunks actually, were well battered and decently fried, albeit a tad oily. (Points to the kitchen for fresh oil in the fryer.)

My wife's grilled cheese sandwich was nice but my v son says his chicken fingers were the best he gas ever had. Since I know that's one of the few things that 19 yr old eats, I'd say the house should be rightly proud of them.

Downside, canned sodas. One and done. Thankfully I drink good ole H2O.

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank EasternWA_Pirate
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Doesn't look like much, but I guarantee you that you will be pleasantly surprised.
I have been told tbis place had been around for "ever" and the food shows it.
Killer clam chowder. Just has that home made taste and flavor . Seems that this soup is the main reason for repeat customers. I agree.
But a close second is the prime rib. Really, I've been in a lot of tavern-bars and have never had "rare" prime rib like i had here.
This was my 3rd visit. Soup every time and burgers. This time i went for the prime rib....excellence for sure. Also a big plus, the bartender/server is a sweetheart. Great food, great service...hard to beat.

So if you find yourself in this little town, stop, you will not regret it.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We have been here twice, first no so good, but second time was great. First time food was greasy, second dinner was really good

Date of visit: September 2016