“Beautiful place for a wedding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gresham
Forest Springs Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Gresham B&B and Inns
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Beautiful place for a wedding”
Reviewed 3 September 2009

I was a bridesmaid at a wedding held at Forest Springs B&B at the end of August. A small group from the wedding party spent two nights there, each day beginning with a delicious breakfast, including fresh berries, yogurt, fresh whipped cream, basil & tomato frittata's, and some sort of french pancakes with fruit (I can't remember what they are called), along with plenty of coffee and tea. Our food was served on real china with real silverware. Very classy.

The beds were comfortable, the sheets top notch, bamboo towels so soft. The claw-foot tub-showers weren't the greatest to use, but they're so cool looking it wasn't a big deal. The house itself is historic and has all sorts of adorable nooks and crannies, and cool ceilings, windows, and they have some nice antiques.

The wedding was great. There is enough parking for at least 40 cars. The price is reasonable. The host was gracious and I really have no complaints.

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank OrangeLudo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portland, OR
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Going the extra mile **literally**

I stayed here while I was taking the bar exam in Clackamas. I figured it would be a good place to get away from bar-induced stress (and I was right -- couldn't imagine a more relaxing set-up.) The morning of my bar exam, I thought I locked my keys in my car, which was going to make me late to the exam, and would make me automatically fail. The owners were so nice they volunteered to wake up early and drive me to Clackamas. I later found the keys so I didn't need the help, but that's just one indication of how much these innkeepers value their guests.

I've stayed at a lot of B and B's (maybe 10 per year for the last four years) and this inn is among the top two!

Here are just some of the other details that made this place such a joy:

1) Quiet forested location near the city
2) Fantastic food. Breakfasts start with berries and creme fresh and then progress to either custard pancakes or an omelette. The chef buys fresh produce every day at the farmer's market, and it shows!
3) Free wine (red and white) and chocolate in the afternoon.
4) Good towels (fluffy and thick)
5) Charming craftsman style house
6) Innkeepers who really care.

I would be back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank NorthwestNewbie
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 4 June 2009

Staying at Forest Springs Bed and Breakfast is undoubtedly the highlight of our Portland trips, and we look forward to returning every year. The house itself is exceptionally charming. Much love and attention has gone into creating an atmosphere that is always relaxed and welcoming. The rooms are tastefully furnished and the grounds are beautifully maintained. It is a hidden gem in the forest that looks like it sprung from the pages of a magazine. Moreover, it is the hospitality and warmth of its Inn Keepers, Patrick and Stan, that really make this stay a 5 Star experience not to be missed if you are traveling in the area. Both are extraordinarily gracious with their time and knowledge, having pointed us in the right direction numerous times regarding what to see and where to go. As an added bonus, Patrick is a superb talent in the kitchen; you will not find a better breakfast in the Portland Metro area. From his savory egg dishes to his sweeter baked sensations, from his freshly brewed coffee to his perfect pot of tea, Patrick's breakfasts are an indulgent experience we look forward to well ahead of our trips. Without reservation, we highly recommend a stay at their establishment. You will certainly have a wonderful experience!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RJF1
sarakat81
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Truly as good as it gets! We checked in late but there was a note on the door leading us to our beautiful room. We stayed in the San Fransisco Room. We made some tea and ate some chocolates all set out in the lovely dining room. The next morning we awoke to the smell of baked cinnamon, the best way to wake up, ever. It turned out to be cinnamon scones with coffee, berry smoothies and a fruit bowl, and that was just to start! The hot breakfast was a freshly made spinach quiche. It was all SO good!

So aside from the food and accommodations we were treated to a wonderful host. Patrick is so friendly and helpful. He found us a restaurant in the small town we were heading to later that day and because we had to leave early the next morning he made our second perfect breakfast a half hour earlier than it's usually offered.

There are tons of books and DVDs to browse through, the b&b is located in a cute town not very far from Portland and it is on a gorgeous, large green lot.

I try to give the good and the bad to places but that's why this b&b gets a 5, there is nothing I can think of to improve...

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sara A
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 May 2009

What a pleasure to escape from the hustle and noise of the city to this forest retreat! You will feel pampered and appreciated and well-fed by your hosts. Just close enough to 'town' to zip back and forth - but hidden enough in the evergreen canopy to fall asleep to bullfrogs croaking at nght and a chorus of birds singing sweetly in the morning.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank LAP57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
7.7 km away
13.3 km away
Camas Hotel
Camas Hotel
#1 of 1 in Camas

Been to Forest Springs Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK