New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Grants Pass
CA
“Nice Stay!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2007

This is a very nice hotel that I would definitely stay at again. The beds are extremely comfortable and the room clean and very cozy and inviting. I booked a standard two-bed room without a river view for $125 which I thought was reasonable. The cheese and wine in the afternoon and the homemade cookies were a nice and welcoming touch. The breakfast was mediocre, but free, so how can I complain? A few drawbacks were that it has no on-site restaurant or cafe, so you're limited to the Mexican restaurant across the parking lot, or a car ride through unknown territory, looking for a place to eat. Also, the adorable lodge lobby they show in the picture just sits out in the parking lot, not nestled in the trees of forest as one might think. It was 109 the day we visited, so very hot and no immediate area to stroll around, unless you like asphalt. There is a beautiful park across the river, though, but you'll have to drive to it. If you're thinking of staying in their sister hotel, The Riverside Inn, DON'T. It's horrible, smelly and the noisiest place I've ever stayed in. See my review. The Lodge is the place to book.

• Liked — The beds
  • Disliked — Needs landscaping in front of hotel -- grass, trees, etc.
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Sonerila
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2007

I was fortunate to be able to stay at the newly rennovated Lodge at Riverside in Grants Pass while my daughter was involved in a sporting event in the area. The hotel was recommneded as the best in the area and I am glad to say I agree. The staff was delightful upon my arrival and the new log lobby was just exquisite. I was glad to be able to relax in our spacious room complete with beautiful red plaid lounge chair, log type details and an absoluetly wonderful bed. I was sorry to go when we had to check out three days later....the balcony and the river just enhanced the relaxing stay and I found myself really enjoying the peace and quiet of this beautiful river front room. Oh and I don't want to forget the great continental breakfast...I sat by the fire and had a cup of coffee and read the paper....for someone as busy as I am my excursion into Grants Pass and my stay at the Lodge at Riverside were truly a well earned vacation. Thanks to all who have created and are creating this great getaway!

• Liked — The quality of the staff and the fun of the room
  • Disliked — There was nothing I didn't like
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank horsewhisperer55
Central Point, OR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2006

My husband and I just completed a one-night stay at the newly renovated Lodge at the Riverside. Let me start by saying that we are local area patrons and have stayed at this property several times over the years. We both felt that even though a major renovation was to have taken place, this place is so overpriced for the condition it is ridiculous. I noticed from a previous review dating back to '05 that they complained about the spa being in poor working order, well guess what, it still is over a year later. Not to mention that it is dirty and really disgusting looking. The pool also needs painting and alot of concrete work to make it look even half way decent. The pool chairs look like something from a yard sale, at best! To top everything off, someone decided to breech the new "ultra-secure side" and come right up onto our patio and steal our beach towels during the night!! So much for the exclusive Lodge side! I could go on and on, but why bother. Others have and they still haven't fixed the problem. I've got news for you Riverside, a little bit of colored paint and a fluffy bed with a down comforter does not constitute almost $200 per night. This place needs help, don't bother!

8 Thank ssiegfri