“I have mixed feelings about this motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel Del Rogue

Motel Del Rogue
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
GreenLeadersGold level
Cadiz, Kentucky
“I have mixed feelings about this motel”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

First, all I noticed was all the clutter on the outside of the office and in front of many of the rooms. Next thing I noticed was all the chipped paint on furniture. A teenager checked us in - and things started looking better - all of the staff are friendly and will do all they can to help you. We were in room #6 - the real homemade quilt on the bed made the place feel very "homey", and the chipped paint on the vintage furniture suddenly looked okay. Bathroom was modern, the room had beautiful floors, new carpet, new beds and good WIFI reception This room came with a microwave and fridge - but they were on the deck overlooking the peaceful Rogue river rather than in the room, so I was glad the weather wasn't too bad. The fridge didn’t work, and neither did the microwave, but the management quickly took care of the problem. It amazed me that a room with a fridge, MW and coffeemaker would also include dishes, silverware, real glasses (rather than the plastic kind in chains) and their own gourmet coffee. We had LOTS of overhead noise starting about 4:30 am with someone constantly walking across the squeaky floors above us so our sleep was definitely disturbed. This place is definitely “homey” and beats the chain motels and I’d stay here again - but I hope they get their clutter cleaned up.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cjnky
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 21 September 2011

At first I was a little nervous about the motel del Rogue on first sight... Just seemed old, and kinda kookie- but after my family bragged about how each room is unique and the are spitting distance into the Rogue River, every room has a river view... And the owners are so kind and accommodating... And their staff are very attentive, and they are green and recycle... By the end of the 4 day stay- I was charmed. This unique motel beat the pants off of any sterile holiday inn with no charm... There are even pictures of the motel in the 1940's in the office... And there was an awesome sweet dog named Brownie... Who let me pet her, whole sitting under the giant pines, watching the salmon jump in the river... Beautiful!!
Also each room has a Kitchenette...was nice to have food in the room.

• Stayed September 2011
Huntington Beach
Reviewed 10 September 2011

If you love nature and scenery and prefer to stay away from the typical hotel chains this is the place. The rooms with the decks overlooking the river are the best. I just wish I could have stayed longer because the views were wonderful. This was one of my three favorites on a road trip from California to Washington. I actually enjoyed this stay the most when travelling through Oregon. If you like the woods, river and rustic cabin feeling you will love it. Otherwise you can have your fill of motels on concrete on the main drag.
Thanks for rescuing mom and I, Kevin. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hbgypsy
Salinas, California
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I wanted to stay on the Rogue, as this was the 1st trip to G.P. with my Girlfriend. I was blown away by the entire experience, in a Great Way. Kevin and staff made us feel at home and very welcome at their quiet little place.
The rooms are not new, and could use a bit more insulation in the walls. That being said, the place was Clean, smelled fresh, EVERYTHING we needed was there. Full kitchen, good size rooms, comfortable beds and pillows. This place has character, individual to each room... not the "cookie cutter" rooms you get at most Hotel's and Motels.
The view from the deck (#7) is absolutely wonderful to wake up to. And sitting on the deck at sunset, with a nice glass of _____, makes the stay there just a bit more enjoyable... if that's even possible.
Mom said she is going to recommend the Del Rogue to friends and family, as will I. Ask if I plan to stay here again, I wouldn't think to stay anywhere else in G.P.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank A C
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Stayed here during our road trip. Eclectic and comfortable decor, mini-fridges and microwaves, pleasant screened porch overlooking the Rogue River, perfect for enjoying a craft beer while watching the sun go down. We liked chatting with Kevin, the friendly proprietor, and being invited to take some plums from the tree when we hit the road. Oh: terrific strong in-room coffee for breakfast. Casual vibe but attention to detail makes this a gem.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple