“small facility, owners very accomidating, rooms are clean and pool is small but great!”
Review of Sunset Inn

Sunset Inn
Ranked #9 of 15 Grants Pass B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Needed room last minute during a very busy weekend in GP found Sunset Inn. The hotel is small but owners very accommodating, rooms and pool are clean would stay again. Cannot notice road noise when in room even though right off main busy street.

Stayed: August 2017

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I have over the course of the last ten years stayed at this hotel dozens of times. there have been 3 owners and the new owner has really made an effort to improve the place with a lot of upgrades and improvements. Very friendly staff the beds are very comfortable and the rooms have fridges ,microwaves and coffee makers which is great for the morning. Has a seasonal pool and a free cold breakfast a good value in the area I recommend this hotel to friends and all my workers stay there. there are several restaurants,stores and banks within walking distance and about a mile from the jet boat attractions on the Rogue River

Room Tip: Found the rooms closer to the office tend to be quieter due to the restaurant bar next door from mo...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2017

NEVER STAY AT THIS PLACE!!! My kids and I booked this "motel" at the last minute stop on our road trip to CA. We just needed a place to sleep for the night and on a budget. After reading the reviews decided on this place not realizing Grants Pass had more places FAR BETTER to stay at. Long story short, tub was crawling with bugs, I immediately asked to checkout and for a refund. The owner got upset with me and tried to claim they were flies, which they were very clearly not! After the owner trying to charge me for the 2 hours in the room he finally agreed to give me my money back. Supposedly the owner voided the sale. I was given a receipt that said "void sale" but I don't know if he ever finished the transaction since he supposedly "did not know how to do a refund". My money was never refunded back to my account, the bank could not do anything because I used my card as a debit card (I know big mistake) and when I contacted the owner he tried to claim he the money was never received even though I used my debit card and the money was withdrawn from my bank IMMEDIATELY. After months of disputing this the owner then tells me to send the receipt and he would look into it again and to give him a day. I call the next day and all of a sudden I cannot get a hold of him anymore, number changed. He has never refunded my money, insulted me and left me and my 2 young kids to search for another place to stay at 11 p.m. at night. Just an absolute horrible place who are not honest! DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Pati A
Reviewed 4 January 2017

My wife and I decided to go on a No Cal coastal - to - Oregon trip on the fly during Labor Day Weekend. So we made reservations as we neared the end of our driving for the day. We found this place under Bed and Breakfast, but it is NOT a Bed and Breakfast.
This is how it is listed on Trip Advisor: #9 of 15 B&Bs / Inns in Grants Pass

It's a typical Motel. Clean. Friendly staff. You do have to ask for a blow dryer at the front desk. Motel amenities state, and the questions when writing a review ask if there is a concierge - no, not really; there is just a person manning the front desk like any typical motel. Seems to be a family that runs it.

Room Tip: This establishment is Not a Bed and Breakfast. This is a Motel.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

If you are a family on a budget this is a good place. We have been traveling for a week now and have stayed lots of places that were far more expensive and not this good. Room was clean (old but clean) and staff was friendly. Microwave and fridge in room was a good added extra - especially for the price. Not a lot of choices for breakfast, but for the price, very worth it.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family