“Superb teamwork ”
Review of Parkside Cafe

Parkside Cafe
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Garibaldi
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

On the recommendation of our hotel we walked the couple of blocks for a great experience. We were welcomed like family and when my wife mentioned her severe seafood allergy our server was immediately able to highlight what to avoid. The staff supported one another as a tight knit team. The turkey dinner was substantial and tasty with a bread stuffing containing tiny meatballs that were a nice surprise. The clam chowder was somewhat potato-forward but had a great flavour and the clams were tender. They have a selection of homemade pies and we chose the coconut cream to share - good taste and substantial. Reasonable price, attentive service and good diner type food.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Since we were staying in adjacent Econolodge Motel, I went early to restaurant’s Reef Lounge, typical contemporary bar with 3 big TVs showing football. I found it interesting that they had state lottery Keno games. I ordered a gin & tonic, squeezed my own limes, relaxed a while. I finished my cocktail, pushed the empty glass forward, the universal silent request for a refill. Eighteen minutes later she asked if I would like another. I said that would be nice, since it was now happy hour. I paid for my drinks immediately so I would not have to find my waitress later. When I left, about 20 minutes later, she had not yet picked up my signed credit card paper. Never in my lifetime of bar life had I ever received less attention than I got this day. Nonetheless, wife and I went back for dinner (not many choices near our motel) and same waitress served us. She was only slightly better. Wife ordered milk with her dinner. It never came.
I noted that locals got lots of attention here and it seemed to be a popular place. That’s why I rated it as high as I did. Personally for me, Two Thumbs DOWN.

1  Thank Tommy M
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We get turkey sandwiches to go. They are yummy and good priced. The baked goods are delicious too! Ate here twice in 5 days.

1  Thank scrollforyou
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived at a nearby hotel mid evening, and the staff there recommended this restaurant, which turned out to be a good choice.

After confirming that the entire menu, apart from breakfast items, was available in the evening, not just the 'dinner' section, we made our choices and when the food came, after a reasonable time given that it was being freshly cooked, it was delicious.

There was only wine listed on the menu but there is a good selection of beers available too - we just had to ask. This was just as well as they had run out of red wine!

We enjoyed our visit.

1  Thank The_Chilihouse
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

The food was good. We had Indian fry bread, fish and chip, tuna melt and turkey dinner. All of us liked the food it was pretty fast also. The carrot cake was amazing. The staff was a hot mess but very nice

1  Thank rondar708