“Awesome Dining Experience - Excellent Seafood!”

Bridgewater Ocean Fresh Fish House and Zebra Bar
Ranked #5 of 72 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 32
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Eclectic cuisine featuring healthy freshly prepared house made choices. Steaks, seafood, salads, pasta, pizza, vegan . Fun specialty drinks & huge wine selection. Micro brews.
Reviewed 6 July 2008

Tried to get into the Waterfront Depot restaurant, but were told the entire restaurant, including the bar was full and we'd have a wait of at least 1 hr. At the same time, it would be unknown where we'd be seated. There was a possibility of being seated in the waiting area, so we passed on it and went across the street to the Bridgewater Ocean Fresh Fish House & Zebra Bar (as it is officially named).

We're so happy we made that decision! What an awesome dining experience we had! We were greeted by a very gracious host (owner?) and immediately seated. Within moments, we were presented with a complimentary shrimp cocktail. We appreciated the dozen or so sweet shrimp with the accompanying potent cocktail sauce. I was torn between ordering the clams and mussels or the whole Dungeness crab. I asked our server, and she suggested to order whatever it is I don't get at home. So I ordered the crab. WOW! So sweet and succulent, I enjoyed every last bit of it. My husband, who enjoys Alaskan King crab, had never tasted Dungeness - he acknowledged that it was some of the best crab he had ever tasted! He ordered the seared scallops - also very good. We finished our meal by sharing a piece of the poppy seed cake with raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting - VERY Good! The coffee I ordered to complement dessert was good and strong, and piping hot, just the way I like it.

We wholeheartedly recommend this great restaurant for its excellent seafood, moderate prices, and comfortable, eclectic setting.

Write a reviewReviews (1,264)

Reviewed 27 April 2008

I was amazed by the new ownership. The place has a HUGE menu of the freshest seafood around. I also love the beautiful "Zebra Bar" with animal print seats and many vibrant colors. Overall I REALLY liked what the new owners have done and can't wait to go again!

Reviewed 28 November 2007

We ate here 8/4/07. This place had some of THE best food EVER! The building was built ~1907 and is filled with interesting and eclectic décor. Our waitress was Dawn, who is fun, knowledgeable, and a true joy! They have "razor clams done right," and can be ordered as an appetizer too if you'd like. The parmesan/basil-crusted halibut is to die for with a nice choice of different types of potatoes or rice pilaf. Also included are nicely cooked fresh veggies. DO NOT MISS THE CLAM CHOWDER! Hands down, THE best clam chowder I have ever had (and we're talking 60 years of eating clam chowder)!! It is just the right thickness, not watery, rich and creamy with an excellent seasoning balance with oh-so-tender pieces of clam. It leave's Mo's "in the dust" totally!

Reviewed 22 November 2007

always a nice atmosphere. food can change with the seasons, but it is always very good. Nice quiet small lounge area too with a bar. Great live music, classier music acts than other bay front pubs have to offer. Not a great place to bring kids, as the theme is more traditional fine dining in a historic town setting.

Reviewed 27 August 2006

The 4 of us stayed at the Haceta Head Light House B&B and decided to have dinner here in old town.
We were so happy with good company & nice ambiance, but when we tasted our food we weren't so happy anymore, we laughed with each other that we should be paid to eat here.
Too bad there are too many restaurants that don't know how to cook.

5  Thank 3foodies