All reviews place to stay indoor hot tub continental breakfast cold cereal room was large mini fridge reasonable rates two queen beds clean rooms no elevator a great stay motel dresser desk
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Le Chateau is an older motel. That being said, it is obviously nothing fancy.

Nothing fancy suits me just fine on occasion when I don't want to pamper myself. With that, however, still comes the expectation of good customer service and attention to detail. That's what you get at Le Chateau!

The reception was very courteous and speedy. This made check-in a breeze.

As for the room, well, it's nothing fancy, but basic and your needs are met. Television, ample lighting, ho-hum carpet, but a VERY comfortable bed provided a great night's sleep!

The good lies in that the bed was great and the refrigerator in this room was fairly new and the freezer actually worked! There is also a microwave oven and the wi-fi worked well.

I am awaiting knee replacement surgery, so the older LOW toilet seat was hard to negotiate given the absence of hand/grab bars. My error for not having requested an ADA accessible room.

The shower had no mat and felt as though the shower pan was not reinforced so my showers were quick for fear of slipping.

Overall, Le Chateau provided a great stay at a great price!

Room tip: There is no elevator and travelers with mobility issues should request an ADA accessible room.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We were travelling South on 101 starting in Washington headed to San Francisco. After about 10 hours in the car we decided to start looking for a place to stay the night. As most hotels had No Vacancy, we came upon the Le Chateau. We were able to get a room with 2 beds. The outside looked sketchy. The lady at the front desk was very polite. Very large outdoor heated pool as well hot tub inside. Our room was huge! If you are lookong for the bells and whistles, it isn't here... BUT... did I say our room was huge? Microwave, mini fridge, kitchen counter with 3 stools for stiing and waiting, kitchen sink as well. Being from New Jersey, I doubt I would ever stay here again, but I definitely would if I ever visited this area again. It was a little loud on the outside, but being pool side, i expected it and it didnt bother us. Dont pass this place by because of its exterior or name. Gove it a try.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2018

For the price, we could have found a better place to stay. It needs work, and the advertised breakfast was very poor, unless you like cold cereal and oatmeal. It does have an outdoor pool, and indoor hot tub.

Room tip: Spend a little more and find a room that has some class
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Decent clean rooms; but pretty noisy while people were in the pool and socializing later. Abby’s Pizza delivered to our rooms and the managers were very helpful in finding some plates etc.
Reasonable rates for rooms with two queen beds.
Continental breakfast skimpy.
All in all ok for the stopover.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank shelleybaier
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Spent a night on vacation. Pros, it was affordable if you are on budget. Cons: the pool had some bugs inside, hot tub/Jacuzzi room was falling apart, paint peeling off , musty, door had sketchy white stuff all over glass. Room has dilapidated furniture, weird smell, musty, no ac, mattress had a weird brown stain underneath. Breakfast was underwhelming to say the least, with three choices of cereal, warm milk, and tiny Pastries probably purchased at the dollar store. Lobby smelled strongly of patchouli. Would not stay again.

Date of stay: June 2018