Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Ways to Experience Sea Lion Caves
from US$ 150.00
More Info
1,599 results
All reviews gift shop fudge viewing area their natural habitat oregon coast fun to watch nice stop unique experience heceta head lighthouse elevator seals stinky hundreds ocean popcorn video highway
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2021

just now
Terrible customer service. My family visited in early September. While browsing in the gift shop I lowered my mask for a moment to get some air through my nose and was very rudely yelled at from across the room by a girl named Taylor. Put you mask on! Literally she could have walked over to me and nicely asked. I responded I just had to get some fresh air through my nose real quick and she quickly snapped at me telling me I’ll be kicked out if I don’t put it over my nose immediately. I told her I couldn’t breathe for a moment and she said “I don’t care” my family and I were in disbelief. Everyone was staring at us. I asked to talk to a manager outside. We waited for A few minutes then left. My children did not want to see any more rudeness and were very distraught at seeing someone telling there mother they didn’t care if she had to lower her mask down from her nose to take in a little cool air. We have never in our life been so rudely approached in a business. The rest of our Oregon coast trip was wonderful. This really put a damper on our day visiting the sea lion caves. Your employees definitely need some customer service skills. I have visited many times and it was always so enjoyable! Saddened this is how it went last trip.

Date of experience: September 2020
2  Thank 56spencerp
William C, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Lion Caves, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

Thank you for visiting Sea Lion Caves in September of 2020.

Guest safety is our number one priority at Sea Lion Caves. In order to remain open Sea Lion Caves is required to follow government guidelines. Signs are clearly posted prior to entering our facility of what is expected regarding mask wearing and behavior inside the facility.

We recommend that if you are uncomfortable or unable to wear a mask that you simply make the choice not to enter the facility.

The most appropriate action to take would have been for you to simply step outside where you are not putting anyone at risk and then removing your mask.

Reviewed 20 January 2021

But when open, make sure you stop by here. You travel down into a massive cave by elevator and see the Sea Lions hanging out on the rocks. Call ahead and make sure the seals are hanging out - they are out at sea at certain times a year. A bit stinky if you are sensitive.

Date of experience: January 2021
2  Thank WestCoastRestless
Reviewed 2 December 2020

Don't miss this. It is the largest cave on the ocean in the United States and is stuffed with seals. If the seals are not there they will give you a ticket to come back again for free. Nice people and a good selection of trinkets and sea shells.

Date of experience: November 2020
William C, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Lion Caves, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2020

Thank you for visiting Sea Lion Caves.

We very much appreciate hearing from our customers! Thank you for your five-star review and your kind words. We are so happy you enjoyed your time spent with us. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 November 2020 via mobile

I called a day ahead to inquire about visiting...I got a two minute lecture about mask requirements but was not told that there are no sea lions at this time of year. We made a 3 hour drive with the grandkids only to be told that the sea lions are out feeding this time of year but they give 2$ off and you can come back during the coming year for free. Obviously no one does that as everyone is on vacation. Not much to see without the animals there. We felt quite taken advantage of.

Date of experience: November 2020
William C, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Lion Caves, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2020

Thank you for visiting Sea Lion Caves.

At Sea Lion Caves, we are taking guest safety very seriously. It is necessary to follow many safety protocols to protect our guests and our staff.

Because Sea Lion Caves is an all-natural wildlife preserve and marine sanctuary, all of the animals are free to come and go as they please. Unlike a zoo, none of the animals are held in captivity. For that reason, there are times that we have no sea lions in the cave. It is our policy to inform all visitors, before they purchase a ticket, if we have no sea lions in the cave. We offer those guests that do purchase a ticket, a discounted price, as well as a free return voucher that is valid for one full year. Many, many of our guest do use this discount and the free return voucher. Most guests that do purchase a ticket tell us that seeing the cave even when the sea lions are out is well worth the admission price.

Reviewed 14 October 2020

We saw this place in a travel guide and decided to stop in. Due to Covid we had to line up outside so they could control the number of guests.

Sadly, we were warned in advance that sea lions were gone so the price was reduced and we were given a voucher for future visit

you enter through a huge gift shop

There is a short walk along the coast to an elevator which goes 200 feet down to the cave itself.

We had to wait a bit for the elevator to maintain distance

The cave itself was cool with displays of how caves formed, and the area developed

we did actually see one sea lion while waiting for the elevator.

The area was cool even without the sea lions. An interesting place to stop by

Date of experience: October 2020