All reviews a bit tired bed was comfortable excellent wifi older place historic downtown stayed one night lobby condensation upgrades pros
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Our experience! At the Light House in Florence Oregon July 5, 2018 we were greeted by the new manager which said she was only there two weeks she had said the room wasn't ready but we could go look at it from just glancing into the room at the doorway from the hallway entrance so far look good came back a hour later the maid had finished knocked on the front door and there was no one in the room the front door and the hallway door top deadbolts for only locking inside the room no keys to lock from the outside the front door entry lock I could I use the screwdriver to open the door my opinion and needed new locks top and bottom with one key to open the front door and back door and deadbolts get a locksmith,. Ever heard of that movie called the last house on the left well this is the last room on the left when we first entered the room I turned on the TV the remote turned it on that was it when I change channels could not turn it off could I do nothing with the remote so I went front desk told the manager we tried several remotes did not work I did call up two stores in town said they did not sell any universal remotes I let her know that. Maybe 15 minutes later the manager shows up with a smaller TV she said that she had taken this TV out of her own room and that was the end of that. Next laid down for a while regenerate my body it was a very long maybe 15 or 20 minutes then I heard from the bed I was laying in I could hear the water pipes in the shower running next door and didn't seem to run very long maybe about 10 minutes or so that was the last time I heard them water pipes run from the two days that we stayed there. It was my turn to take a shower seem nice I got about 10 minutes running time before the water went cold on me boy was I mad so after I got done went down to the desk and let them know after we came back from dinner she came down to check it out and it ran out of water on her to the manager she said she could get a plumber in immediately and I'm thinking to myself what a inconvenience I told her just to get a plumber in after we had checked out. This motel is old and it needs a lot of TLC first of all rip out all the carpets and put in wood floors because the rug carpet in our room could be replaced but would not just put in wooden floors could use a paint job staff a wonderful bunch of ladies I believe they try their hearts out pleasing customers I hope they just don't get the runaround's from the new owners and are able to do updates to restore historical landmark.. Good luck in the future.I'm sure I've missed a couple things..PS sorry again I did not come to the front desk and thank all you wonderful ladies for doing your damnedest in pleasing us that Friday night I had caught a cold because of my personal hygiene's like in could not take a shower for two days.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank whiteknight552018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

It's an older place with lots of quirks. Ordinarily, I would have just bypassed leaving a review because I didn't have much to say.

This changed, however, when I mentioned to Diane, the manager, that my travel partner was sick. Her response was priceless: she immediately asked if we needed medication, and she also said that if we needed to stay longer than the usual check-out time, she would tell the cleaning staff to steer clear of the room so that he could rest.

This is the kind of customer service that is sadly lacking in so many places these days, and it helped to move this average place to excellent. Thanks, Diane.

Room Tip: Room 27 faces the back, so it is away from the main road.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The price is reasonable. I had wanted a downstair place but they didn't have a room. We were upstairs and it worked out very well. The front desk person was helpful with resolving a couple of issues. Very pleased with our stay there. the bed was comfortable

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018

My family LOVES staying at the Lighthouse Inn. Although it's an older motel, it's very clean and the employees make you feel like family, especially the manager Chris. She is the sweetest woman on the planet and will do everything in her power to ensure a wonderful stay. The location is excellent -- walking distance to historic Old Town Florence, Oregon. And the price is great! Make sure to tell them if you're a Veteran because they truly honor those who have served. While normally I prefer luxury hotels -- the Lighthouse Inn is not luxury -- we always experience something even better: love.

Room Tip: Tell Chris what you're looking for and she will do her best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2018

Booked this hotel over the phone ... Ended up in the tiniest room ever with absolutely NO AMENITIES ... Turned the TV on ... 4 channels and tiny tiny screen ... NO INTERNET ... told me it was because of the fog .... Fifthy bathroom, unfriendly staff, except for Brianna .... curtains with tons of holes ... towels that should be used for polishing a car .... Just horrid!!! If you ask for a pet room .. BE AWARE!!!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple