“Good Food and Good Service ”
Review of Ta Ra Rin

Ta Ra Rin
Ranked #10 of 672 Restaurants in Eugene
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Adults and teenagers alike enjoyed their meals. It wasn’t particularly spicy. Service was fast and friendly. We went on Friday at 6 pm and didn’t have to wait for a table but it was getting busier when we were leaving.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

They seated 5 of us without a wait. Service very nice and efficient. Attractive place. All our dishes were vegetarian and delicious, and moderately priced.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

It's hard not to like this place. Unless you don't like Thai food.

I went on 6/24/18 around 6pm and had no waiting. There is a parking lot. The place is very clean with great smells. The menu is quite large. There are several menus to look over. The lighting is very good. It is quite open in its' floor layout.

I ordered a Sapporo beer and the #36 appetizer and the #76 entree w/chicken. The appetizer was shrimp wrapped in rice paper and deep fried. It's served with greens and fish sauce. They were very good. The oil was quality too. The #76 entree was chicken with potatoes, onions, carrots, peanuts, and lots and lots of sauce. It was also served with about 2 cups of sticky rice. You can have the entree served mild, medium, hot, or really damn hot. I had medium and I had to go slow or I'd break a sweat.

The meal was fantastic. Plain and simple. Fantastic. The portions were quite large.

The bill came at $36. $5 of it was the 1 bottle of beer.

I will be back.

One note though. Expect the staff to bow down to you. It makes most folks feel a little awkward. Myself included.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The menu is extensive enough I haven't had the chance to try ALL of it but everything I've had has been exceptional. Beautiful food & great service. They give me a reason to make the trip to Eugene. Two thumbs up!!!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Excellent food, very good service, and definitely something for everyone. I am a certified spice wimp and even I found great choices that were tasty, beautiful and definitely filling!

Been to Ta Ra Rin? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK