“Excellent choice in Eugene”

Travelodge Eugene Downtown
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I was very impressed with the management, I asked about decaf coffee and in the morning there it was. The beds are very comfy and I still can't believe the high quality bath towels. Yes there is some updating needed. But, this hotel was way above average in overall service & amenities. Great job

Room Tip: The 2 room suite only has a/c in one room, 2nd room has ceiling fan
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
EugeneBroadwayInn, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear Frogman07,

Thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with our services and amenities. I'm glad that our services, hospitality, and accommodations exceeded your expectations and hope that you experience the same comfortable stay during your next visit! It is so rewarding to hear that we were able to give you a five star experience and we look
forward to your next visit!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I stay in a lot of budget motels because of work and Broadway Inn was the one my employer chose for our 2 week stint in Eugene. Let's get started... the rooms have separated queen beds in the double rooms, like bedrooms, but only one has a tv, and like a 10 inch walkway from the bed to the tv so you have to scoot past it to get to the bathroom and such. Not a huge deal. The beds are hard and uncomfortable, you don't want to sit in the desk chair because it looks about 60 years old and musty and dusty with the souls of the other people who sat there over the years. The floors are stained and the walls are crudely painted over. The rooms near the road are loud from drivers at all hours of the night and day so crank the room fan if you want to sleep at all. The breakfast is oatmeal packets, cereal packets, yogurt, sketchy milk, package pastries, and bananas. Luckily there is lots of food nearby to eat at all hours. My coworkers staying in room 205 got incredibly sick from the mold in the room and had to be changed to room 101 that was apparently mold free. Another coworker had a mound of ants eating some food on the floor when they walked in and changed rooms. The fan/AC unit is so gross and full of dust they barely work, might catch fire if turned to heater mode. This motel is great for just needing a place to crash and you're desperate or you don't care where you stay but being cooped up there for 2 weeks was awful. Be careful of mold in these rooms. Seriously. Also lots of homeless people near the area so lock your doors in your car and your room.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
EugeneBroadwayInn, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Bexx K,

Thank you for completing our guest satisfaction survey and letting us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We want you to know that we take your comments to heart and that we are continuously discussing and implementing new ways to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel.We hope you'll return someday to see how we have addressed and improved upon the issues that you have expressed, thanks to your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

This was a stop off on the way to California for a beach-hopping trip back up the coast. I wanted something economical, clean, and not far from the I-5.

The girl at the desk was lovely and very friendly. The positives end there.

The room was TINY, there was thick dust on the floor moldings by the bed and behind the fridge (which was not close to the wall so easy to see). There was no counter in the bathroom, but there was a big spider on the floor when I first arrived and a smaller one dropped down from the ceiling between me and the mirror when I was getting ready in the morning. Also, the bathroom floor was filthy. It hasn't seen a scrub brush since it was laid, I am positive.

Desk chair was low and would not raise up.

The included 'breakfast' was packaged oatmeal and some dreadful looking packaged pastries.

The worst of it was, within 20 minutes of settling into the room, I started to feel little twinges on my exposed skin, like tiny bites. I couldn't see anything on me but it kept happening. The next day, continuing the drive on my trip, I was itchy from scalp to toes... dreadfully itchy. So SOMETHING is living in that room and I am afraid I took some with me until the next stop where I showered immediately to rid myself of whatever they were.

So, overall, horrible place. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
EugeneBroadwayInn, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear SandyBeachBumTM,

Your review and rating of our hotel mean a lot to us, and we thank you for taking the time to share this experience. I am terribly sorry to hear regarding the itchiness in your body during your recent stay with us. I do want to assure you and all other guests that we clean and sanitize our guest rooms following each guest stay. It is a very important part of our policies in order to ensure that each guest enjoys a comfortable, clean, and safe environment.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I stay in a lot of budget motels and love when i stumble across one that stands above the norm. Staff was super nice and helpful. Location is great! Right in downtown, walkable to any downtown activities. Room and bathroom were very clean and no bad odors. I liked the 2br option. Laundry room was also clean, everything worked great. And pool looked nice tho the weather was too chilly during my visit to use it. My kids all found something to eat for breakfast, and they also enjoyed the modern TV in our room. Thanks for the great stay, Broadway Inn!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
EugeneBroadwayInn, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear Julie H,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey and for rating our hotel so highly! I am so glad that you found our hotel to be clean and convenient and that you enjoyed the five star accommodations and hospitality that we strive to show to each guest, during every stay. We are overjoyed to hear that you had a great time with us and we are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

My son stayed and felt comfortable there. It suited him. He had business to attend to and it had the amenities he needed. Eugene is a lovely part of Oregon. Not too far from the airport. It is like a hub for other places within sightseeing distance.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
EugeneBroadwayInn, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear Josephine C,

Thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with our services and amenities. We seek to give each guest a very comfortable and accommodating experience and we are
thrilled to hear of our success in this ambition. We look forward to serving you again in the future!