“Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Interesting place - health food - unique & good. Ate here before taking train. Great pastry & breads ! Can get stuff without tofu!! Have to serve yourself for water etc. great for students & traveler getting on the train

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Your hungry, your waiting for a friend, your new to Eugene-imply surprised at foods we ordered- fresh, decent portions and prices, waitress very caring, and our coffee cups were kept filled with good coffee. Impressive!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We wanted something other than our hotel's breakfast buffet or the local Denney's/I-Hop fare. Our online search came up with the Morning Glory Cafe, which was only 2 blocks (easy walking distance) from our hotel (the Hilton Eugene, next door to Hult Center for Performing Arts). At first, we were unsure of the Cafe's offerings (specializing in vegan-friendly offerings), but once we saw a menu and discussed a few items with our wait-person, we knew we were in for a treat.

When we arrived at the cafe, there was a line-up outside -- with a 20-minute wait. This is usually indicative of a well-liked establishment, so we opted to wait it out. Fortunately, it was a hot, dry Saturday in August, so we strolled around the immediate area to admire the train station and an old victorian home on the hill across the tracks (behind the station). Within 15 minutes, we were sitting at our table in the corner of the small cafe.

I was amazed at what was available for those of us that must limit our intake of gluten, animal products, and/or dairy. I found a delicious pesto omelet, my husband had a french toast dish, and our traveling companion selected the tofu scramble. None of us are vegan, but we need to avoid certain items; so I was pleased to learn that I could get dairy-free butter for my savory dill roll. And the "soysage" in my omelet was very tasty! Tofu is a difficult product to prepare so that it has flavor and a palatable texture ... our companion gave it high marks on both the flavor a texture. My husband's french toast was just right -- he did not walk away hungry!

As I mentioned before, the cafe is small ... maybe 10 tables inside, and a few outside on the sidewalk. You serve yourself if you want water (which was great for us because we were allowed to refill our water bottles). The tight quarters can be a bit noisy, especially when there are screaming toddlers nearby. If this is bothersome to you, choose a time of day that is not quite so busy.

The wait-staff were wonderful about explaining their menu items, and served our food in a timely manner. The prices are reasonable, and the portions ensure you don't leave hungry (in fact, two of us departed with leftovers to be enjoyed again 2 days later).

Our traveling companion continues to rave about what a great little place Morning Glory Cafe was. If we return to Eugene, we will definitely visit the cafe again.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

short wait; packed restaurant; slow indifferent service; important item not delivered until after two inquiries; super high-carb menu. ok coffee; self-serve water.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Everything you could want in a local breakfast eatery. I love the vegan and gluten-free options. It is crowded and busy on weekend mornings, but the setting by the train station is beautiful with a couple places to sit and wait.

Been to Morning Glory Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK