“Food not up to scratch”
Review of Ring of Fire Restaurant - CLOSED

Ring of Fire Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ring of Fire restaurant is committed tosustainability and uses sustainable practiceswhenever possible. We use organic products asmuch as is physically and financially feasible,purchase 100% of our electricity from EWEBrenewable wind power, reduce energy and wastewith in-house conservation policies, filter ourwater with an Aqua-Metrics system, recycleeverything possible, compost approximately 7,200gallons of material every year and implementmany other small changes which we hope willlead us and our customers to a healthier lifestyleand environment. Please join us in theseconservation practices. Thank you for dining withus.
Reviewed 4 September 2014

The food here was terrible.
We had seen the reports on trip advisor and thought we would give it a go. I don’t know what Thai restaurants they were comparing this to but they must have been really bad if the thought that this one was good. The food was sloppy made with far too much bottled sauce which masked the flavour of the ingredients. I can not recommend this place.

1  Thank twocalis

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I travel alot. We have no children, and travel and food are one of our hobbies.
I love Thai food, and so far to date, Ring is Fire is the best Thai food I have ever had. The mushroom dish they serve there with garlic, cilantro and lime and your protein of choice is (we get pork) awesome. Servings are great there. There is a cocktail called the Norma Frazier that is a berry martini and it is yummy. The coconut ice cream with sweet sticky rice is the best! Outside of restaurant in a strip mall may deter a fine diner, but inside, the decor is very nice and the food is wonderful.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have been living in Eugene now for a little over two years and let me be the first to say, it is difficult to find decent Thai food here above the basic qualities of curries and noodles that you might find at a food cart. That is until I stumbled onto this gem on the west side. From the outside it looks very unassuming, located next to a local dinner theater. It is not until you open the doors do you have any indication you might be in for a treat.

The decor is tasteful and modern with some authentic Asian style sprinkled in. We elected to sit in the Lava Lounge which connects to a larger dining area for this particular visit, which is open and well lit, a nice atmosphere. The main dining area looks nice for a romantic evening, a little more formal with linens on the tables and that kind of thing. This place has creative and well crafted cocktails much more than any Thai place I have ever tried, I saw some vodka being infused by the bar and was told by our server there were for some of the house specialties which looked very tasty. We decided to try the "Thai me up" since I had never seen one before, basically a Thai iced tea with alcohol in it. So tasty it is dangerous. My friend, who is not as into cocktails, tried a local beer from the area and said it was very good as well. They also brought us these rice chip things to munch on which were kind of addicting. It was nice to have something to complement our beverages while we waited for the rest of our meal.

If you are a fan of hot and sour soup, which I LOVE, they do a Thai version here which is killer. We also tried a curry and a noodle plate, both exceptionally rich in flavor and were generous in portion. There were four of us so we elected to go "family" style meaning we like to share, and that is totally the way to go. The real star of the show however was a dish called seafood fantasy which has unbelievable flavor and is hard to describe. Kind of tasted like white wine and garlic but I have no idea, it was literally one of the most tasty things I have ever ordered at a Thai restaurant.

The service seemed good, we like to sit and chat and did not feel rushed out the door. The ambiance is a nice mix of modern and authentic which was a nice change of pace, and the food was more than just good, it was extremely flavorful which is my number one complaint with most Thai joints. If you are looking for a good place to eat with friends before heading out on the town to explore Eugene, I would recommend Ring of Fire. I will definitely be back to try their happy hour next time I get a craving for Thai food.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

When arriving at the restaurant there were two tables being used, but we had to walk into the bar area to get someone to let us get a table. Once we found a table and were served, the food was good; Thai with a Caribbean twist.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Our server while very sweet, walked in circles. It took 20 minutes for her to drop off the tasty rice puffs and another 5 to get our drink and appetizer order taken. Another 30 minutes we finally get our drinks and shortly after the appetizers. We tried to put in our dinner order, but heard..just one moment. .several times. One hour and 20 minutes in, our food order is taken. While our appetizer plates were being picked up the floor staff asked if I would like another drink, we both did he took our order, 10 minutes later our server confirmed our order. The two hour mark hit, we got our yummy food. We were not really that hungry, just because our appetizers were spread out. But food was very flavorful. We asked for boxes. ..my second drink showed up at 2.5 hours, my husband's never arrived. I am not sure of their POS system, but I would suggest reviewing..time seated, time orders were put in, time bill was paid. I don't mind a leisurely meal, but this was not enjoyable for 2 people.