“Authentic Thai food with modern flare.”
Review of Ring of Fire Restaurant - CLOSED

Ring of Fire Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ring of Fire restaurant is committed tosustainability and uses sustainable practiceswhenever possible. We use organic products asmuch as is physically and financially feasible,purchase 100% of our electricity from EWEBrenewable wind power, reduce energy and wastewith in-house conservation policies, filter ourwater with an Aqua-Metrics system, recycleeverything possible, compost approximately 7,200gallons of material every year and implementmany other small changes which we hope willlead us and our customers to a healthier lifestyleand environment. Please join us in theseconservation practices. Thank you for dining withus.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have been living in Eugene now for a little over two years and let me be the first to say, it is difficult to find decent Thai food here above the basic qualities of curries and noodles that you might find at a food cart. That is until I stumbled onto this gem on the west side. From the outside it looks very unassuming, located next to a local dinner theater. It is not until you open the doors do you have any indication you might be in for a treat.

The decor is tasteful and modern with some authentic Asian style sprinkled in. We elected to sit in the Lava Lounge which connects to a larger dining area for this particular visit, which is open and well lit, a nice atmosphere. The main dining area looks nice for a romantic evening, a little more formal with linens on the tables and that kind of thing. This place has creative and well crafted cocktails much more than any Thai place I have ever tried, I saw some vodka being infused by the bar and was told by our server there were for some of the house specialties which looked very tasty. We decided to try the "Thai me up" since I had never seen one before, basically a Thai iced tea with alcohol in it. So tasty it is dangerous. My friend, who is not as into cocktails, tried a local beer from the area and said it was very good as well. They also brought us these rice chip things to munch on which were kind of addicting. It was nice to have something to complement our beverages while we waited for the rest of our meal.

If you are a fan of hot and sour soup, which I LOVE, they do a Thai version here which is killer. We also tried a curry and a noodle plate, both exceptionally rich in flavor and were generous in portion. There were four of us so we elected to go "family" style meaning we like to share, and that is totally the way to go. The real star of the show however was a dish called seafood fantasy which has unbelievable flavor and is hard to describe. Kind of tasted like white wine and garlic but I have no idea, it was literally one of the most tasty things I have ever ordered at a Thai restaurant.

The service seemed good, we like to sit and chat and did not feel rushed out the door. The ambiance is a nice mix of modern and authentic which was a nice change of pace, and the food was more than just good, it was extremely flavorful which is my number one complaint with most Thai joints. If you are looking for a good place to eat with friends before heading out on the town to explore Eugene, I would recommend Ring of Fire. I will definitely be back to try their happy hour next time I get a craving for Thai food.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

When arriving at the restaurant there were two tables being used, but we had to walk into the bar area to get someone to let us get a table. Once we found a table and were served, the food was good; Thai with a Caribbean twist.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Our server while very sweet, walked in circles. It took 20 minutes for her to drop off the tasty rice puffs and another 5 to get our drink and appetizer order taken. Another 30 minutes we finally get our drinks and shortly after the appetizers. We tried to put in our dinner order, but heard..just one moment. .several times. One hour and 20 minutes in, our food order is taken. While our appetizer plates were being picked up the floor staff asked if I would like another drink, we both did he took our order, 10 minutes later our server confirmed our order. The two hour mark hit, we got our yummy food. We were not really that hungry, just because our appetizers were spread out. But food was very flavorful. We asked for boxes. ..my second drink showed up at 2.5 hours, my husband's never arrived. I am not sure of their POS system, but I would suggest reviewing..time seated, time orders were put in, time bill was paid. I don't mind a leisurely meal, but this was not enjoyable for 2 people.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I've been going to this restaurant since it opened. It's quality and service have been declining for the last several years. Tonight my daughter and I had a terrible experience and they could care less. I wrote a long review in Urban Spoon. I won't go into it now. But my last two experiences have been terrible but both times the Manager could care less. I will not be going back and that is sad. My family and I consisting of 4 grown children and gr kids, used to celebrate there, go for all special dinners and events and now this place is just another ' could care less, just eat your food, leave a giant tip and get out ' food place. So be it.

Suzanne

1  Thank Suzanne8828
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This restaurant bends over backwards to take care of its' visitors. The food is incredible - very well made, very fresh, very well described and extremely delicious! They give you so much food on every plate you can take some home for lunch the next day for sure. Do not miss an experience eating here as it is one of THE BEST food experiences for a fun, relaxing, and delicious meal.