“A great little vegan restaurant!”
Review of Cornbread Cafe

Cornbread Cafe
Ranked #12 of 697 Restaurants in Eugene
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: 100% Vegan Comfort Food with a southern twist - Mostly Organic, All Non-Gmo. Family-friendly. All are welcome!
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We arrived for an early dinner and had to wait for approximately 20 minutes to get seated. The place was full, so it made me feel like we picked a good place to eat. I had the Reuben sandwich and the calamity chowder. The sandwich was delicious however I didn't enjoy the chowder. Whatever ingredient they use to make the chowder take on a "fish" flavor just didn't appeal to me. However, my wife tried the chowder and she liked it, so I suggest you get a small cup instead of the bowl if you're curious. My wife had the BBQ JO with the slaw. It was delicious.

1  Thank FrankandLee
goldenrae2001, Owner at Cornbread Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you for your great review! We hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,

Sheree

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

The food was so good, I ate here two days in a row for dinner. The first day I had a portobello mushroom supper with vegan mac & cheese and vegan coleslaw. And a side of jalapeño cornbread . I followed that gigantic dinner with vegan cheesecake drizzled with chocolate. I hadn’t eaten in almost 24 hours. I ate everything in the first three pictures..... every tasty, flavorful, heavenly bite.

On day two, my friend suggested meeting there for dinner. I was so excited! This time, I had a burger and home fries. I took a chocolate peanut butter bar to go, because I was really full from the fourth picture.

The service was equally friendly when I dined as a party of one and in a party of five. The staff make you feel very welcome from when you first enter until you leave.

I don’t know when I’ll be in Eugene next, but I will certainly be here for a meal. Or two ❤️❤️

2  Thank lisarani
goldenrae2001, Owner at Cornbread Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

I love this review!! Thank you SO much for all these fantastic details. So happy you enjoyed your meals and service. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We're not vegans, but we really enjoyed our meals at this restaurant/diner.
The prices were very reasonable & everything was made from scratch.
Our server even brought samples of their two soups for my husband, since he was having trouble deciding.

Date of visit: June 2018
goldenrae2001, Owner at Cornbread Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Awesome! Thank you so much for you fantastic review! We sure do appreciate it! Hope to see you two again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

This is a wonderfully fun, retro-styled vegan café. We went for two dinners, and tried the Eugenewich, French Dip, Seitan Neatloaf, and one of several burger options. Our favorite dinner option was the French Dip, which was terrific with vegan cheese. We also sampled two desserts: the peanut butter pie (classic flavor well-executed) and the deep-fried cheesecake (terrifically weird). I would recommend Cornbread Café to vegans and non vegans alike.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Ordered through GrubHub.
Just ate one of the best meals of my life! The BBQ wheat steak was excellent, and The Eugenewhich... was just awesome! Will definitely be ordering again!

Date of visit: May 2018