“Always a good choice”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We have been to this Original Pancake House before, but it has been many years. It is a comfortable place, with friendly people and many regulars. Today my wife had a ful stack of Cottage Cheese Pancakes with a side of bacon. The waitress thought she was being a bit bold with a full stack, but she ate them all. She did admit it was maybe a bit much, but she enjoyed them. I had the 49'er Flap Jacks, some of my favorite kind of pancakes anywhere, along wiht a couple over easy eggs. I also went with ice tea instead of coffee, since it was warm outside. It was all really good. We will be back.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Had a fantastic breakfast here. The pancakes are fantastic. We had a lovely waitress that was from Russia. Outstanding service!!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I ate here with a group of 5, two of whom were kids under the age of 5. Our various diners ordered the veggie omelette, corned beef hash, chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream, blueberry pancakes, potato pancakes and the thick cut bacon.

Everything was superb. Even the kids ate almost everything on their plate, although they were helped by the adults!

They have regular and 1/2 portions of nearly everything. I had a 1/2 portion of the potato pancakes and 3 strips of thick cut bacon. We were eating right at noon, having had coffee and a croissant at about 8am, and I had just the right amount of food to feel comfortably full. The pancakes were truly thin like a "real" pancake with nice crispy edges. They offer sour cream or applesauce with them; I had the sour cream. I was also asked how I wanted my bacon cooked and it came back crispy as requested. It was indeed, thick cut bacon. Lip smacking good!

Grandpa was buying, and he is a notoriously small eater. He finished his entire omelette. That's a new record for him, as the omelette looked as though they cooked an omelette in an 8" skillet, topped it with veggies and another 8" omelette, effectively making an 8" stuffed pancake of eggs. That may not be the method used, but that's what it looked like. Topped with red salsa, and enhanced by cheddar cheese, it was a huge hit.

Even child portions of the chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes were fairly large. There were 3 pancakes on each dish, topped with fresh fruit. Blueberry syrup with blueberries in it for that dish, and maple syrup for the chocolate chips. They actually didn't really need the syrup, as there were lots of mini chips and whipped cream.

This is a super family friendly place. Our kids were old enough for regular chairs, but they have hi-chairs and don't mind accommodating. There is some booth seating, but our party was seated at a round table, which made conversation very easy. Although the place was very busy we were in and out in just over an hour. I do understand that Sunday afternoons, there is a packed lobby and a line out the door. We dined on a Saturday at noon, and it was a short wait to be seated and the food came in a reasonable time.

Friendly waitresses with the patience to listen to kids state their wishes top off the friendly, welcoming atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Stumbled upon this gem when staying next door. Food was wonderful. Staff was very friendly. Don't miss the tropical syrup.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This establishment is across the street from the phoenix inn. Serves breakfast all day. Wide selection of breakfast entrees.