“Great place to rest in Enterprise Fun Decor”
Review of Ponderosa Motel

Ponderosa Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Enterprise
Ponderosa Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Enterprise
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Fun place to stay that takes dogs. They do not serve breakfast but coffee, micro and fridge are in the room.
Cloud 9 bakery is close.
Enjoy the Blue Mountains and Joseph while staying here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank retiredinidaho

Reviewed 1 October 2011

When visiting Eastern Oregon and in the Enterprise area, this is the spot to stay. Only a few minutes from Joseph and the lake, this motel is well run and well appointed. Everything you need is within walking distance and the maintained and rustic looking Ponderosa is a perfect fit for your visit to beautiful Oregon high country.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs and next to the office are the quietest.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank David G
Reviewed 8 September 2011

The staff was friendly and the room clean. Perfect for a night after backpacking in the mountains for a few days.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jen-Ron_Grumby
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Duration: 2 Nights
When: Weekend (9/3, 9/4)
Destination: Lake Wallowa hiking, etc
Price: $72/night + tax
Location: Across street from City Hall building

First of all, if you're planning a trip in this area (Enterprise or Joseph, Oregon), you already know these are SMALL towns, with no chain hotels. Well, actually there was a Best Western, but they seemed to have gotten less than favorable reviews...with a high price. Anyways, local motels/Inns in Joseph, OR had no vacancies, so Enterprise was the the next town prior (6 miles). Not a bad drive...actually scenic views of Chief Joseph Mountain and other Eagle Cap Wilderness mountains.

Enterprise has two "bigger" properties....Wilderness Inn (which looked very run down - need a makeover badly) - hence Pass on that. And then there was the Ponderosa Motel (this place looked real cool...like a huge log cabin motel). When I called 4-5 days before arrival, all the non-smoking rooms were booked. HOWEVER, the owner stated they had a handicap room available (NS, and single queen) that I can take. Granted the only difference was the larger bathroom door and bathroom...along with extra rails in the shower/tub - else it was identical to any other room. So I took it. Room 120 (hint hint).

Upon arrival, as I mentioned prior, the place was a nice and clean log cabin looking motel. I loved it. lol. The staff was very nice and friendly. When I got into my room, it was huge...I was so glad I got this room. It was so spacious (the bed headboard, night stand, dresser, tv stand, desk table, mirror frame, were all made of wood logs assembly too (pine or something) to match the outside I guess. It was way cool. The bathroom was HUGE too (toilet, sink, tub/shower were in a separate room with door - where in the other rooms, only the toilet and shower are separated). So, if you ever get offered a handicap room, take it. I'm sure it also does not get used as much - so it is much cleaner. You know what I mean. lol. Lots of parking and free high speed wireless.

The ONLY drawback to me was no hair dryer. So bring your own. I honestly did not bother to even ask the front desk if they had loaners. But you may want to ask. That's about it. Also, no free breakfast (continental or otherwise)...no big deal, as there a few places within walking distance to eat.

Also, just a general observation from most hotels/motels. The carpets are really dirty. lol. I typically wash at night as I like to go to bed clean....and also I'm Asian. lol. But when I jump in the shower in the morning - just to quickly wake up...I see black foot prints in the shower. haa haa. Its irrelevant to the quality of the motel, but something to add.

Anyways, if you're in Enterprise or Joseph, check this place out. I think it has the best value. I will certainly stay there again if I had a choice.

Room Tip: If you get offered a converted handicap room, take it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
9  Thank XplorerMike
Reviewed 12 August 2011

After the 6 plus hour drive from home, we were so happy to open the door to our room. Lovely log cabin feel, rustic wooden pieces, a comfy bed, lots of power plugs. Spotless bathroom. It was the poor WiFi, signal that stopped me from giving the 5th star. The staff was wonderful, and so helpful. When we return to the area, we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: All are non-smoking, view is of the City hall. We were under the stairs, (ground floor) in a corner...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank burn1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enterprise
1.3 km away
51.4 km away
RimRock Inn
RimRock Inn
#3 of 4 in Enterprise

Been to Ponderosa Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK