“Great BBQ”

Burt's chuckwagon
Ranked #9 of 14 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 6 April 2017

If you like smoked BBQ this is the place. It is so popular that they often run out of their specialties. If that is he case try one of their hamburgers, it is one of the best in Newberg. Nothing fanc about the place; the picnic tables can be a bit uncomfortable. If you order the ribs in any size, be prepared to take some home with you. You don't want to waste any of it.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Burt's used to be a food cart in Dundee, a couple of miles West of Newberg. He now has a regular walk in restaurant in Newberg, right on Hwy 99, about a half mile East. First time my husband & I tried Burt's we had decided to do some "adventure dining" while we were out and about on our motorcycle one day. Stopped at the food cart and loaded some ribs and baked beans in the bike saddle bag and headed home. O.M.G... absolutely DELICIOUS BBQ! The meat was fall-off-the-bone tender, and the beans were the BEST ever!

Now that he has his new restaurant, the menu is expanded. I've been there once, but had ribs & beans again, so can't comment on other menu items. The new place is rustic but nice -- picnic tables, etc. When I was there, it was not a busy time, so it didn't take long to get my order. Don't know how it would be if busy. I would absolutely recommend Burt's!

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Bummed that Burt moved from Dundee, but the place, now in Newberg still has good food. Have only had takeout, so have not seen the inside of the new place. A lot nicer than the wagon that he had in Dundee.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Came in on a whim. We were in the area for a wedding. They were very accommodating, even though we ordered a large amount (enough to feed 20 ppl). There were no complaints from the bunch and the portions were huge. Definitely a must try in the area.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

When this place was a mobile chuckwagon in Dundee, I couldn't sing it's praises enough. The food was great, and it didn't take too long to come out. Since they've moved to Newberg at their brick and mortar location, I've been severely disappointed. The staff there is extremely unhelpful, and Burt himself can be seen on any given day ignoring customers, being rude to his staff, and just sitting on his phone. When he isn't there, his staff is also on their phones instead of welcoming people and I've even had to wait to place an order until someone noticed I was there. The food has also changed. I don't know if it's because they need to cook so much more in advance or what, but I noticed a steep decrease in taste quality since they moved to Newberg. The brisket is dry and requires a thorough drenching in sauce to be good, whereas it used to be moist with no sauce needed. It's still the best place in town for BBQ, but it's not what it used to be.

Been to Burt's chuckwagon? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK