“Puzzled by a coupe of negative reviews”
Review of Burt's chuckwagon

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Burt's chuckwagon
Ranked #9 of 14 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Burt's used to be a food cart in Dundee, a couple of miles West of Newberg. He now has a regular walk in restaurant in Newberg, right on Hwy 99, about a half mile East. First time my husband & I tried Burt's we had decided to do some "adventure dining" while we were out and about on our motorcycle one day. Stopped at the food cart and loaded some ribs and baked beans in the bike saddle bag and headed home. O.M.G... absolutely DELICIOUS BBQ! The meat was fall-off-the-bone tender, and the beans were the BEST ever!

Now that he has his new restaurant, the menu is expanded. I've been there once, but had ribs & beans again, so can't comment on other menu items. The new place is rustic but nice -- picnic tables, etc. When I was there, it was not a busy time, so it didn't take long to get my order. Don't know how it would be if busy. I would absolutely recommend Burt's!

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Bummed that Burt moved from Dundee, but the place, now in Newberg still has good food. Have only had takeout, so have not seen the inside of the new place. A lot nicer than the wagon that he had in Dundee.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Came in on a whim. We were in the area for a wedding. They were very accommodating, even though we ordered a large amount (enough to feed 20 ppl). There were no complaints from the bunch and the portions were huge. Definitely a must try in the area.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

When this place was a mobile chuckwagon in Dundee, I couldn't sing it's praises enough. The food was great, and it didn't take too long to come out. Since they've moved to Newberg at their brick and mortar location, I've been severely disappointed. The staff there is extremely unhelpful, and Burt himself can be seen on any given day ignoring customers, being rude to his staff, and just sitting on his phone. When he isn't there, his staff is also on their phones instead of welcoming people and I've even had to wait to place an order until someone noticed I was there. The food has also changed. I don't know if it's because they need to cook so much more in advance or what, but I noticed a steep decrease in taste quality since they moved to Newberg. The brisket is dry and requires a thorough drenching in sauce to be good, whereas it used to be moist with no sauce needed. It's still the best place in town for BBQ, but it's not what it used to be.

Reviewed 27 March 2016

Went to the place on Villa a few weeks ago and liked it ok. I am at home recovering for surgery so we thought it might be good to get takeout so we didn't have to cook. That was a bad idea. I had the brisket and ribs with sides of beans and macaroni. When I opened the box, I got three bites of brisket. ONLY THREE BITES! The rib was so over cooked that I was able to peel two bites out of it that I could actually chew. My wife and son both had burgers, and they both said they were like cardboard. Definitely cooked from a frozen patty and they sat for a little while before they were served. I liked the place the first time I went there, but the food we got tonight was not edible. I will not be spending my money there again. I wish someone would open a good BBQ place in Newberg.