“Horrible takeout”

Burt's chuckwagon
Ranked #9 of 14 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Went to the place on Villa a few weeks ago and liked it ok. I am at home recovering for surgery so we thought it might be good to get takeout so we didn't have to cook. That was a bad idea. I had the brisket and ribs with sides of beans and macaroni. When I opened the box, I got three bites of brisket. ONLY THREE BITES! The rib was so over cooked that I was able to peel two bites out of it that I could actually chew. My wife and son both had burgers, and they both said they were like cardboard. Definitely cooked from a frozen patty and they sat for a little while before they were served. I liked the place the first time I went there, but the food we got tonight was not edible. I will not be spending my money there again. I wish someone would open a good BBQ place in Newberg.

Reviewed 4 March 2016

I stopped into this inauspicious location on my why to see the coast, and new BBQ is something I am always willing to experience. The brisket was done fairly traditional Texas style, though chopped a bit differently and had a good mixture of fat and seasoning to compliment the meat. I have to say however that this was some of the best Slaw I had ever had. So fresh and flavorful, almost fruity. The beans were also textured great, and a chuckwagon style, very sweet. The people were very friendly, and the restaurant is clean- a great stop, or dinner destination for a great tasting and affordable meal !

Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

I was nervous to try this place. I make smoked meat on a regular basis that has own multiple awards and so I'm extremely picky about my BBQ. After being disgusted with a BBQ joint in Newberg, I passed by this stand in Dundee and recently stopped for a visit. I got their brisket, which is the most technical meat they had on their menu. When I got it they had sliced it up into small strips and covered in sauce instead of the traditional long, pencil-width strips, but that's neither here nor there. The cook was great on it, tender, with some fat still left on it. They really nailed this. For those of you who like the "other" BBQ place in Newberg, come try real BBQ here that hasn't been smothered in liquid smoke.
The sides were the only slightly disappointing part. The flavor of the beans was slightly off, and the coleslaw was average, especially when paired with their meat.
I hear they're moving locations to a Newberg storefront, I hope they do well, and you would do well to give them a try.

1  Thank Evan B
Reviewed 17 June 2015

We went there for dinner on Mother's Day, and what a treat! All mom's got a free meal, a cupcake, and a flower! I had the brisket and it was moist, smokey deliciousness! Paired with their baked beans, and oh man! Awesome people, great food and fun atmosphere. Rumor has it they are moving to Newberg to open up a brick and mortar restaurant - wishing them lots of success!

Reviewed 4 November 2014

Love Burt's Chuckwagon. The food is delicious! I sometimes stop there instead of making dinner and the family has never been disappointed!

1  Thank Kathleen H